Brilliant Earth Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brilliant Earth

Sort:

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Submitted application, called for screen interview, called in for in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• A diamond was inventoried but is not in the safe. Where could it be?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with the founders at the office, was a pretty typical process. Nothing too unexpected. They asked some questions, showed me around the office, described more of what the position would involve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Received an email for an interview request over the phone.
    Phone interview was a 15 minute overview of myself and the job itself.
    After the phone interview I received another email asking if I can come in for an in person interview.
    During the interview they wanted to discuss my previous work and go through some exercises.
    This interview lasted about 2 hours as I was interviewed by multiple people in operations.
    After the interview I received one last email asking for a follow-up interview. In this interview we went through the different teams in operations and their duties. At the end they offered me the position of Operations Assistant. I declined as I was looking for a different position with more responsibilities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this role last year and I had some questions about how familiar I was with the process of processing incoming product and some scenarios. There were also some basic math questions. When I came in for the in-person interview, I was surprised and disappointed that the 3 people who interviewed me (one at a time) basically asked the same questions as each other and the phone screen, so I'm not sure if people had shared any details with each other after my phone screen or interview. They stressed it would be important that I'd be okay with a PTO blackout during November and December, because it's a busy time. I said I was fine with that. No offer, but after the interview I wasn't sure the company was a good fit so I was okay with that.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think would be the process for processing vintage jewelry, from the moment it arrives to us to how it gets onto the site.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Well-organized process with phone interview first round and several in-person interviews for the second round. In-person interviews were with the department manager, another senior team member, and a junior team member. Questions were mostly a mix of work history and behavioral questions with additional questions about Brilliant Earth and why I wanted to work there. Good opportunities to ask the interviewers questions as well to get a sense of the work environment. Received the offer about a week later after they were done with references and background check.

Interview Questions

• In addition to the resume questions and behavioral questions, there was a mental math question and an inventory logical reasoning question. There were additional follow up questions after I finished the logic question about alternative scenarios which were more challenging but felt like "extra credit"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and someone from HR reached out. We did a basic phone screen, and then they asked me to interview via Skype. I expected a one, maybe two hour Skype interview. It took three and a half hours. They had different people come in and ask me the same questions each time (very perfunctory, not interested in a holistic view of the candidate, seemed annoyed to be asking questions/interviewing me at all). They also had a portion where they tested my skills, which they didn't advertise ahead of time and which made it seem like they'd never read my resume. One of the people testing my skills was also very rude, treated me like I was stupid when I didn't know an answer while the other person tried to smile and encourage me. It felt very good cop/bad cop.

Interview Questions

• "Walk us through a system you've used before, operation by operation."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was about 30 min and very similar to what other people said here, but I wasn't asked to calculate the total cost of a ring if given a % sales tax. I was given a 3 part exercise to calculate the # of cases needed. Next week, I went in for the in-person interview. I met Madison and Crystal in the showroom. They were very nice and friendly! Interviewed with 2 different people downstairs, each separately for about 45 min-1 hour. They're young and focused their questions on meeting deadlines and working with a team. The second interviewer did another 3 part inventory exercise with me and told me, at the end, that she will ask her manager to speak with me. However, after she returned, she said manager was in a meeting and will either reschedule or have her do a phone interview with me - she lied. I received no forward the next day. Even though my skills and experience match closely with their needs, I think they're taking their time slowly to find people they like. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal workplace? What would you do and how would you feel if one of your coworkers is slacking and affecting your work as a team? What would your previous coworkers say about you? Strengths/weaknesses? sudden/stressful problems that happened and how did you solve it? An operations system you used? Why this position and change in career industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was basic and clear-cut. A telephone interview was organized by HR a day after they'd received my resume. The interview itself was just a phone screen, in fact. I felt that it was rushed and not taken very seriously, almost as if the company were interviewing just for the sake of interviewing. The HR rep sounded inexperienced and lacking the maturity to conduct a thorough interview. She neglected to pose in-depth questions that would've given her insight into my ability to do the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about myself, my work history, and what "conflict free" meant to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied on indeed.com. I was called a couple weeks later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was about 45 minutes. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview which lasted about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to calculate yearly sales based on quarterly demand. Also asked to think through how many of a certain jewel they should stock and the different things to consider when making that decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brilliant Earth (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was a very long phone interview, about 45 minutes, and an interview in their office for about an hour. I do not know what this company is looking for, as you can see from the interview reviews here, a lot of qualified people have been rejected for this "entry-level" position. I don't think they will ever find what they are looking for as this position is always being relisted.

Interview Questions

• How much of each type of jewelry piece should we stock?   Answer Question