Brink's, Incorporated Director of Process Improvement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brink's, Incorporated Director of Process Improvement Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Director of Process Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brink's, Incorporated (Coppell, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Very disorganized from front to back. Not just stating this because I was not selected. At first, it began as a typical online application, then a phone screen. Classic right hand not talking to the left hand. I was invited to have a phone chat with the hiring manager. That was settled but the very next day, they sent a "Dear Applicant" email. So I called the HR contact. After several communications, turned out that someone else in the HR had filled in for my contact and bulk sent out rejection notices.

A couple of week later, big rush to meet all the top execs...THREE days I was requested to come in in a single week - with the last day meeting the President, the SVPs of HR and Security, and my previous hiring authority interviewer.

After more than a month of waiting, I finally emailed and called. Surprise, surprise..."had just slipped their minds". Then, told to take two online Flash tests from Thomas International: the GIA and PPA. The first is a skills timed test - a pared down IQ exam. The second is a personality exam like Skills Finder from Gallup.
Well, there were substantial problems with the GIA Flash. The test times were not accurate (I used an on-screen timer). So, I sent an email to Thomas' Help Desk. Big mistake. It was routed to the Director of HR at Brink's and a full three weeks later, with no further input from Brink's, I received a canned and unsigned "Dear Applicant" rejection.

At first, all the Brink's people were so positive and "nice" it was disturbing. Brink's has never been rated that high, so I thought something was up. The proof in how the culture operates is provided the cavalier and "couldn't be bothered" attitude I encountered. In all my years' experience with hiring at the Director level and above, this is the first time that a face-to-face for 45 minutes with the President of a Company did not result in a similarly direct and humane response for a decision to not hire. The only word I can think to wrap up this description is: PATHETIC.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation with an employee.   Answer Question
  • Give me an example of how you used project management to drive a successful Lean outcome.   1 Answer