Brinker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2018

2.2

Analyst-customer Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The process was not hard, they didn't ask too many technical questions. Just focus on your resume and the job description. You should know some PC software skills, because they maybe test you with some easy questions.

Interview Questions

Brinker Response

Oct 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Brinker in October 2017.

Interview

Standard questions were asked; the person that interviewed (phone screen) me was not only 10 minutes late, but did not seem like the nicest person by any means...plus I was super nervous, so I bombed the interview. I don’t think my resume was reviewed prior to because I was only asked about 1 job until I mentioned the others. I also felt like I was pre-judged because I did not have direct experience. If this individual is an accurate representation of the company, I’m OK that I did not move forward. No one likes rejection or to feel like a “bother.”

Interview Questions

Brinker Response

Oct 19, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for the interview experience that we have created for you. We truly appreciate the time you gave us. As you know , culture is important here, so we take... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brinker in October 2017.

Interview

simple questions, long waits and experience requirements. it was mainly them finding out if i'm am qualified enough for the job. the interviewer was very kind and sweet to me and told me once u turned 21 ill be able to apply again . The benefits are amazing and i'm looking forward to apply again.

Interview Questions

Brinker Response

Oct 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I believe that this information is probably for Brinks Security. We do not hire Armed Security Officers at Brinker International. Hope you are able to find a great... More

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview and personality assessment, I was asked to come in and interview with 4 people over a 2.5 hour period. I went over my design work with each one of them and answered questions about culture, scenarios, my current responsibilities and future goals. I was told I had room for growth with 2 design managers in house, as I had expressed wanting to be somewhere where I could advance my career in time, but was in no rush. I was looking for change, as my current job was high stress and compromising my creativity and I wanted somewhere where the stress levels weren't so high and the people and culture are the highlight. I didn't mention this because I had no intention of speaking negatively about my current job and focused on more legitimate issues that are reasonable for wanting change. I was also told by the Marketing director his desire to not outsource customer facing collateral design to large expensive agencies (like they currently do) when they could more efficiently save by building a strong internal creative team. I took that to mean that I could bring additonal value outside of the position to this company and hopefully spark the idea to use me for more than the position required, as I had essentially helped create value for my current employer (small design agency) who had been passed over by clients for big agencies, only to realize we were just as good and a whole lot cheaper. Long story short, I was told I was too advanced in skill and they were afraid I would be understimulated in this position. I had planned to take initiative when I could, and offer more than the job required. I am perplexed why they wouldn't someone with more value (with a moderate salary requirement). I was upfront in my cover letter about my current responsibilities and they saw my portfolio early on, and to be told after the fact that I was overqualified seemed to be a waste of my time. I was thinking outside the box, ready to bring ideas, solutions and better my workplace. I was ready for collaboration and being a game changer in the creative team. I can't say they were of the same mindset. Unfortunately I found out I was not chosen over voicemail, and therefore had no opportunity to rebuttal or ask for clarification. I highly disagreed with the conclusion.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to communicate and embrace feedback from higher ups regarding designing presentations.   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for the interview experience that we have created for you. We truly apologize that it was time consuming and appreciate the time you gave us. As you know... More

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brinker (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

You fill out an application online and then you do an assessment. Once I passed the assessment I was invited to interview, I actually interviewed 3 times. Pretty straightforward.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, a project, and an in-person team interview with both the managers and the other designers. In the end, they told me that they were going to close the position.

The brinker campus is gorgeous, but throughout the interview process I was asked to jump through hoops i.e. provide work samples, develop training materials, and attend multiple interviews before being notified two weeks later that they weren't going to fill the position at all.

I'd rather be rejected for another candidate than find out that the entire process was just a waste of time and resources for everyone. It's a really frustrating experience spending hours developing content for people who never intended to fill the position. This was the vibe that I got in the interview as well. The hiring managers never gave me the chance to ask question to them directly or offered next steps in the hiring process. That never bodes well.

The recruiters are excellent and very professional, but even they were in the dark towards the end of the interview process.

My tips for those applying: be sure you are a "cultural fit"...whatever that means. Be prepared for a month long interview process with little consideration for your time or effort. I should have sent them a bill for the content that I was asked to create.

Jan 24, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re sorry that you had a not so great experience during your interview process. Any candidate who applied for that particular position and went... More

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied through their website. Did two phone interviews and one in person interview. Everything was good until post interview, a week later. Recruiter called to ask me which team I prefer because both liked me so I picked one. A week later she called to tell me they pursued another candidate instead. Ok? Why ask which team I want to be on then tell me you're pursuing another candidate? That was stupid and careless on their part

Interview Questions

Brinker Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback about the interview process. Your feedback is priceless to us and we appreciate the time you spent in sharing these insights. Our goal is to create a great... More

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen by one of their recruiters, and then another phone screen by a member of the hiring department. Third interview was an in-person interview - about 1 1/2 hours long, but divided by teams.

I thought I did well during the interview, but they went "radio silent". In the end, it worked out better for me, but I was disappointed I never heard back from them - even after a few follow-ups. Ironically, feedback is one of the items listed in their mission statement.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions testing knowledge and a few behavioral as well.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brinker.

Interview

Very laid back process, was brought in by a lower manger and initially interviewed. After the first interview I got called back to meet with the GM, where I was hired shortly after the interview took place. The questions were very straight forward, a lot revolving around past jobs and experience with dealing with people.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It starts off with a 30 minute phone call. Then the hiring manager interviews you. Then there is a group panel and a tour. The process takes roughly two weeks.