Brinker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.2

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After a phone interview and personality assessment, I was asked to come in and interview with 4 people over a 2.5 hour period. I went over my design work with each one of them and answered questions about culture, scenarios, my current responsibilities and future goals. I was told I had room for growth with 2 design managers in house, as I had expressed wanting to be somewhere where I could advance my career in time, but was in no rush. I was looking for change, as my current job was high stress and compromising my creativity and I wanted somewhere where the stress levels weren't so high and the people and culture are the highlight. I didn't mention this because I had no intention of speaking negatively about my current job and focused on more legitimate issues that are reasonable for wanting change. I was also told by the Marketing director his desire to not outsource customer facing collateral design to large expensive agencies (like they currently do) when they could more efficiently save by building a strong internal creative team. I took that to mean that I could bring additonal value outside of the position to this company and hopefully spark the idea to use me for more than the position required, as I had essentially helped create value for my current employer (small design agency) who had been passed over by clients for big agencies, only to realize we were just as good and a whole lot cheaper. Long story short, I was told I was too advanced in skill and they were afraid I would be understimulated in this position. I had planned to take initiative when I could, and offer more than the job required. I am perplexed why they wouldn't someone with more value (with a moderate salary requirement). I was upfront in my cover letter about my current responsibilities and they saw my portfolio early on, and to be told after the fact that I was overqualified seemed to be a waste of my time. I was thinking outside the box, ready to bring ideas, solutions and better my workplace. I was ready for collaboration and being a game changer in the creative team. I can't say they were of the same mindset. Unfortunately I found out I was not chosen over voicemail, and therefore had no opportunity to rebuttal or ask for clarification. I highly disagreed with the conclusion.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my ability to communicate and embrace feedback from higher ups regarding designing presentations.   1 Answer

May 1, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for the interview experience that we have created for you. We truly apologize that it was time consuming and appreciate the time you gave us. As you know... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brinker (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

You fill out an application online and then you do an assessment. Once I passed the assessment I was invited to interview, I actually interviewed 3 times. Pretty straightforward.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, a project, and an in-person team interview with both the managers and the other designers. In the end, they told me that they were going to close the position.

The brinker campus is gorgeous, but throughout the interview process I was asked to jump through hoops i.e. provide work samples, develop training materials, and attend multiple interviews before being notified two weeks later that they weren't going to fill the position at all.

I'd rather be rejected for another candidate than find out that the entire process was just a waste of time and resources for everyone. It's a really frustrating experience spending hours developing content for people who never intended to fill the position. This was the vibe that I got in the interview as well. The hiring managers never gave me the chance to ask question to them directly or offered next steps in the hiring process. That never bodes well.

The recruiters are excellent and very professional, but even they were in the dark towards the end of the interview process.

My tips for those applying: be sure you are a "cultural fit"...whatever that means. Be prepared for a month long interview process with little consideration for your time or effort. I should have sent them a bill for the content that I was asked to create.

Jan 24, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re sorry that you had a not so great experience during your interview process. Any candidate who applied for that particular position and went... More

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied through their website. Did two phone interviews and one in person interview. Everything was good until post interview, a week later. Recruiter called to ask me which team I prefer because both liked me so I picked one. A week later she called to tell me they pursued another candidate instead. Ok? Why ask which team I want to be on then tell me you're pursuing another candidate? That was stupid and careless on their part

Interview Questions

Brinker Response

Aug 29, 2016 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing this feedback about the interview process. Your feedback is priceless to us and we appreciate the time you spent in sharing these insights. Our goal is to create a great... More

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen by one of their recruiters, and then another phone screen by a member of the hiring department. Third interview was an in-person interview - about 1 1/2 hours long, but divided by teams.

I thought I did well during the interview, but they went "radio silent". In the end, it worked out better for me, but I was disappointed I never heard back from them - even after a few follow-ups. Ironically, feedback is one of the items listed in their mission statement.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions testing knowledge and a few behavioral as well.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brinker.

Interview

Very laid back process, was brought in by a lower manger and initially interviewed. After the first interview I got called back to meet with the GM, where I was hired shortly after the interview took place. The questions were very straight forward, a lot revolving around past jobs and experience with dealing with people.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have?   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

I went thru a recruiter who scheduled an interview then I met with the manager. The company is looking more at the personality of the candidate and character. They just want to make sure they find a candidate that can integrate in their company culture. The interview was a nice conversation while being very professional. I heard a lot of good things about Brinker.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brinker (Mesa, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 day interview quick easy questions management was friendly.was hired on the second interview.they asked about my prior work exsperince if I was in school or planed to be with the company for along time.they let me know there exspectation and what it was like to work there.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brinker (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview started out with an online test, something like 500 questions with a bunch of repeat questions worded differently. Then I had a phone interview with a lady in HR. She was very professional and friendly and it seemed like she was trying to get a feel for me as a person. After that I was called in for a face to face interview. I was asked the typical questions like tell me about yourself and why do you want to work here yada yada yada. Then he started to look at my resume, and he said I have to be honest with you.... I dont think you have the experience we are looking for. So he ended the interview right there, not wanting to waste anymore my time. Even though he just wasted half my afternoon by not looking at my resume before asking to see me for a face to face.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brinker (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Short and simple and they talk a lot about
    Company benefit.ask lots of questions of why you want to work there. Who u work form why you left. Why you be a great fit for them. Also your salary expectation and where you want to go from there.