Brio Tuscan Grille Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brio Tuscan Grille

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (The Woodlands, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was actually very thorough and enjoyable. The managers all took the time to sit down with me and ask questions/have conversations with me. They asked very specific questions, went over all of my history thoroughly and were very personable.

Interview Questions

• How do you interpret good customer service?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Brio Tuscan Grille

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later to schedule me for an interview. After I came in, I had to fill out a paper application even though I already submitted online. I first interviewed with the Assistant General Manager, who was very rude and didn't seem to like me very much. Immediately after I interviewed with the General Manager, who was actually very nice compared to the Assistant Manager. I was offered the job but declined because the restaurant looked very dirty and unkempt.

Interview Questions

• What does hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and I received a call the next day which led to two interviews. The first interview went very well, I was asked to come back the next day at 12 to meet with the GM. When I arrived for my second interview I was set up with the hosting manager. He went into a long explanation of the different levels of hosting, and I was offered a hosting position because much of my serving experience was from years ago, and I had only recently started serving again six months prior. I declined the position (not enough money), and I pointed out that although my experience had a gap in it, I'm also a nursing student, and my nursing clinicals very much parallel the prioritization and customer service level they are looking for in an employee. He then asked me to describe a recent scenario with my patients. I did so,and he must have been impressed because he sent the GM over to talk with me. The GM explained his management style, and asked me if I felt I could make the jump from a mom and pop casual dining experience to the finer dining one at Brio. I said I was ready to accept the challenge, and he welcomed me to the team.

Interview Questions

• How to handle getting weeded with 4 tables at once
      What would I do if I saw a table that wasn't mine, and they had not been greeted yet
      How to handle a guest with food allergies
      Describe handling 4-5 patients at once and prioritizing their needs   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (The Woodlands, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke with Mandy-GM and Jennifer-Former Service Manager separately.
    Mandy was very friendly and welcoming even though I was nervous originally. I've watched her conduct several interviews, she is that way with everyone. Jennifer was more straight forward but she no longer manages this location. Scott is the manager who took his place. He does look kind of intimidating. But he's great guy, and he smiles alot.
    After my interview I was called the same evening to attend orientation.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille.

Interview

its real easy they hire you on the spot, you don't need any experience, be nice and polite, knowing multiple languages is a plus, answer anything they tell you. make sure you like nice

Interview Questions

• they ask a series of psychological questions, like what would you do in certain situation.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille.

Interview

Submitted online application, called in for interview. Met with Executive Chef, Assistant Manager and General Manager. Asked a viariety of questions by all 3. Interview was short and to the point, I was hired on the spot. New Restaurant Opening for Sarasota FL @ university Town center Mall. The managers were all enthusiastic and seemed easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Multiple Scenarios- what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty standard. They want to know more about you than your experience. They are also willing to train the right people. When I got hired it was a different management team then the ones that are there now.

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I was asked about previous experience, my work ethic, and they looked over my resume. It was a one on one meeting, and the general manager gave me the interview. It was pretty basic, as are most restaurant interviews. I did have both restaurant and retail experience, which really helped me get the job as quickly as I did.

Interview Questions

• To be honest I was not really asked many questions. I was referred by a friend, and the manager looked over my resume. You DO however, have to pass a new trainers test and menu test. This was pretty easy though, so long as you actually study.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille (Raleigh, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

filed out a general application ans spoke with the assistant manager. had a brief interview and set a time to speak to GM. Interviewed with GM and was hired on the spot.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brio Tuscan Grille in June 2010.

Interview

2 interviews, hired on the spot. Training was rough, but isn't anymore.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I work for tips.