Bristol-Myers Squibb Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2016

2.8

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Four separate interviews, each interviewer had a different pillar they asked about. For ease sake, I'm going to post them all here, instead of in the questinos section.

a. Tell me about your proudest professional accomplishment and how does it relate to what you are passionate about
b. Tell about a time you set a higher standard for yourself or others
c. Tell me how you motivate others to learn and perform above expectations
d. Tell me about a time you learned something to increase your impact; lessons learned to improve your output, how do you learn from your mistakes
2) Innovation; embrace new ideas, how do you come forth with new ideas
a. How do you challenge yourself; not about doing the same thing day in and out
b. Tell me about a time where you recognized a need for change and what you did about it
c. Tell me about an innovative idea and how you applied it.
d. Describe a time when you gathered diverse perspective to have a constructive perspective.
e. Time where you failed, what happened and what did you learn from it
3) Speed; how do you act with urgency, in day to day.
a.
b. Tell me about a time where you increased the efficiency of your work or others
c. Tell me about a time where you had to reprioritize your tasks
d. How did you eliminate barriers to enable decision making
e. How you effectively assesses the risks and benefits in the course of your work
4) Accountability how do you own your own outcomes and others
a.
b. Set an ambitious goal and how you achieved and how did you ensure you would achieve it
c. A time where you had to provide difficult feedback or coaching to a colleague
d. A time where you empowered others and the impact it yielded; Got others to work on your goals

That covered like 90% of the questions. THere were also a bunch of standard behavioral questions as well (Why do you want to work here, etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you set a higher standard for yourself or others   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I meant a recruiter at a career fair and I was asked on an interview for the same day at my school. On the interview I was asked questions like: What are your weaknesses? Do you have any technical writing skills? and other questions like that. There were only about 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you been faced with and how did you face them?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was a phone call followed by a series of hour long interviews which lasted roughly 5 hours. The interviewers were friendly and discussion was divided between technical topics and personality topics (how to handle certain situations). Overall a pleasant experience.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

This was a phone interview with HR

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in October 2012.

Interview

It was a great experience. I had 2 phone interviews, 1 in person interview scheduled from 9-3pm and a panel discussion with the staff i'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have an issue with a colleague and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a screening HR person. Then a phone interview. I gave a presentation to a panel and then the hiring manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Somewhat.. These days with big companies you do not have leeway