Bristol-Myers Squibb Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a senior research investigator. It was a pretty straightforward interview, we talked about my background, my major, and my motivation for this internship as well as the details of the research project that I would be joining. One technical question was asked. Overall, not a bad experience even though I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR and they set up an interview with the Scientists. Scientist asked about my previous projects and experiences. What do I envision myself doing in the next 5 years? Technical questions about the job duties. 1 chemistry problem to solve.

Application

Interview

I applied online through my school's career services page. I set up a phone interview. It lasted approximately an hour. A week after the interview, I was contacted about their decision. Some introduction to pharmaceuticals would be helpful as they asked about certain bioprocesses.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through campus career site. Job was sponsored by college alum. Received interview invite about 2-3 weeks after I submitted my app. I had a 30 min phone interview with 2 scientists. Pretty straightforward, with mostly behavioral questions. A couple technical questions thrown in, but those were easy. Standard phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my school where Bristol Myers was present. I talked to one of the recruiters and told them my interest in the company. I told her why I was interested in pharma and their company. She then told me that they would like to interview me later that day for an internship. I only had about an hour to prepare and then I went into career services for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was a normal behavioral question interview.

Application

Interview

Submitted application online through the University. After that, just a phone interview with the team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in May 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got phone interview from hiring manager, we talked around 30 minutes basiclly go through my resume. No unexpected question, just some general question about how do you know about BMS, what is clinical trial and went through of my resume.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in April 2013.

Interview

Submit your resume via school or email to Hiring Manager, receive word back from HM within a week or so, with blocks of interview times so I can pick and choose the best time. Interview was phone based and very pleasant, mostly to discuss the project that the job involved and some skills I would need to learn or research before starting

Interview Questions

• None were surprising or difficult. There were some generic tell me about a weakness and how you've overcame it, and asking about your past experiences at related previously-held jobs/internships, but the rest were very focused on the project and mostly me asking questions about the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As an intern there's really not much you can negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomsbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Bloomsbury, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

I submit my CV online and got an email reply to confirm the phone interview the second day. Then I scheduled a phone interview which was on time and lasted 45 min roughly. I got the internship offer in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your background is not 100% matching the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in September 2012.

Interview

One on one interviews with different members of the team.
    Went dow my resume and asked questions pertaining to details on it.
    Asked about previous places of employment and how i felt about experiences I had there.

Interview Questions

• One challenging moment i faced and how I overcame it   1 Answer