Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2018

2.9

Manager Regulatory Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very stressful experience. This was one hour panel interview with seven people. Three were on the agenda, the rest showed up without ever introducing themselves. When the time was up, the panelists simply started getting up and discussing their next go-to meetings and complaining about Mondays being “crazy busy”. (The interview was on Monday). I wasn’t given a chance to ask any questions at the end. I tried following up with the recruiter and the hiring manager, but never heard back, not even a standard rejection email.

Audit Analyst Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Lawrenceville, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online in October-November, got a response back in December-January to choose an internship/Co-Op. I heard back in early February for a phone interview. Now I am waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

very friendly interviewers and really straight - forward questions about your technical experience. I applied through internet and got a call one and halft month after that for the interview. They gave me feedback the following weeks and I accept the offer

Head of IT & Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

Received an unsolicited email from a recruiter regarding the position. I spoke with the recruiter by phone and she told me my background sounded excellent for the role and would I please apply to the job online via the company website. She asked if I would be available to fly to New Jersey in two weeks and I said that I could do that. As requested, I went through the online application process and did not hear anything back. Nearing the two week mark, I reached out to the recruiter to find out if I should still plan to fly to N.J. I did not get any response back.

Two months later, I got an email from someone different at BMS, asking me if I could come in for a second in person interview to follow up with the interview i had with [name]. I replied that I never had an in person interview at BMS for this role but would be glad to do so if it makes sense.

The contact then reached out to me for a phone interview instead, which we had. During the interview, I felt that there was no interest in my candidacy and this person was just going through the interview steps with no real interest behind it. There were very few questions about me, mostly just telling me about how difficult the role is and listing out all the different responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever run an IT department at a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Applied online and got an email about a month later asking to schedule a phone interview. The first half of the phone interview was logistical questions to see if I would be able to work in that location at that time. The second half was behavioral questions.

Research Investigator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward starting with a phone call with the hiring manager briefly discussing qualifications. After the phone call I was notified in about 1-2 weeks that I was selected for an onsite interview, which was half a day (9am-3pm) where I gave a 40 minute talk about my previous research, and then met with different members of the team. Mostly they wanted to see how I would fit with the team, and asked a few behavioral questions which they really didn't seem to care about but had to ask per policy.

Interview Questions

• Name an accomplishment you are most proud of.   1 Answer

Supplier Quality Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Devens, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Attended a career fair at my school, Northeastern University in Boston, where I submitted by resume. Weeks I was contacted with series of Co-op opportunities to apply. I applied to all position, and got interview for two. Supplier Quality made me and offer and I accepted. Already started the on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

• What achievement are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Undisclosed Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel of 3. One of the panelists didn't have the correct resume, the second panelist showed up late while I was talking to the other two. For the most part everyone seemed engaged during the interview except for the 3rd panelist, the same person who showed up late, was checking their phone the entire time. If you aren't interested in me as a candidate that's fine, I'm not a perfect fit for every role and I don't expect to be. But have some respect for me at least. The interview was only meant to last 45 min, you can stay off your phone that long. Terrible candidate experience.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Lawrenceville, NJ).

Interview

1st interview with the hiring manager
    2nd interview with the department director and division VP
    The process is much different today, I interviewed 30 years ago. I have been part of the recent interviewing process. BMS now starts with telephone interviews. Then the candidate is brought in for a day of interviews, including lunch.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I was contacted to apply by a classmate who was in currently in the co-op position. I had one phone interview that was ~45 minutes long with the manager and current co-op