Bristol Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Interviews at Bristol Myers Squibb

2.9

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb.

Interview

Very easy interview process. All of the panel interviewing me were very knowledgeable and nice. They asked all questions that I was totally prepared for. Topics focused on scientific background and also on job experience and leadership experience. It was a pleasure to be interviewed by them. The team was very positive and very passionate about their work and research.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in May 2020.

Interview

The process was lengthy but worthwhile. The senior managers who interviewed me asked to the point straightforward questions, asked about challenges at previous jobs, seemed compassionate, and gave a quick verdict! :)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to escalate an issue to upper management   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward: I had an internal referral, immediately received call from internal recruiter, had a phone interview with him, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally, an hour-long panel interview - involving a 20 minute "case study" presentation (free consulting project)- with other team members. I invested a lot of time & research  into the presentation, and believe the interview went well and that my skills and experience are very relevant for the role. This is when the experience fell apart. In all my years of being in the healthcare industry, with companies much larger and much smaller than BMS, I’ve never encountered this level of disrespect, disorganization, and unprofessionalism in the candidate recruitment process. No contact or follow-up after the interview by the recruiter is not acceptable in this day and age when legal departments have many approved versions of “thank you, but no thank you.”  You never know where candidates will ultimately end up and burning professional bridges by “ghosting” talent is a definitive turn-off to doing more business with BMS. Just as Optivo is losing the I/O battle against Keytruda (with declining yoy sales after only 3 years on the market!) , BMS will lose talent to Merck too.
    Advice to talent acquisition & hiring professionals at BMS:
    (1) Asking a candidate to produce real work (posing as a "case study") that will be used in the business is unethical and should not be a best practice within your organization. This tells candidates that you’re comfortable taking advantage of the people you work with and you might not always be ethical in your business.
    (2) Have measures in place to follow up with qualified candidates who interview: https://www.glassdoor.com/employers/blog/does-candidate-follow-up-matter/

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and biggest weakness?
      Tell us why you're a good fit for this position?
      How do you deal with a difficult boss/difficult people?   Answer Question

Laboratory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manati, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb (Manati, PR) in March 2020.

Interview

Interview process of person knowing skills, ,good presentation,good values,security in the workplace. Laboratory process in equipment and sample handling. Sampling process ,and receipt of samples in systems with LIMS .

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb (Ewing, NJ) in March 2020.

Interview

Recruiter was very inexperienced. She did not take any time to introduce herself or explain the position. Questions were very basic. She told me she would get back to me within two weeks. It's been a couple months now and I have not heard back. Unfortunately based on the interview I would not be interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in BMS?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a full day in person interview. The interviews themselves went well - mostly behavioral questions and a presentation. There was no communication after the interviews though. When I followed up, they said I was still in the running and never bothered to update me (even after giving me a specified time they would update me by). This gave me the impression that they dont value their candidates enough to give them timely or truthful responses.

Global Statistics Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb (Boston, MA) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied it through the university careers website. After a week, I got a call for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I did not hear back from them after the interview.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb (Lawrenceville, NJ) in February 2020.

Interview

The entire process was dealt with professionally. After an initial round of interview on phone with an HR supervisor, I was called for a penal interview, which was an outstanding experience for me. All the members of the panel were among the best in their field, and it was a thorough joy to be interviewed by and interacting with them for an hour.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were very specific to the job roles and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb.

Interview

One on-site interview. Start with 30 minute tour of labs and then go into 3 30-minute interviews with 3 different team members. Overall very general questions with the occasional technical question if the topic came up.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol Myers Squibb (Seattle, WA) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then phone interview with hiring manager, then face-to-face with hiring mgr then face-to-face with hiring manager and RD at home office.
     Then offer extended. Glassdoor wants more characters used, so I added this ancillary sentence.