Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Met hiring manager at hotel in atrium for interview following an in-depth phone screening regarding my past experiences in pharmaceutical sales. The interview was about an hour and fairly formal. They appeared to be looking for a lot of tenacity, existing relationships to sell a challenging product.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was for me to describe a time I disagreed with a manager or colleague and how I handled it, what was the outcome   Answer Question

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Devens, MA).

Interview

I was a contractor at BMS and I applied through a staffing agency and the whole process took about 2 weeks. The first step was a phone interview with the hiring manager and then I was invited to their site for an In-person interview and meet the team.

Interview Questions

• - What type of management style do you prefer?
      -Describe a moment when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you solve the problem?
      - Why are you interested in this position?
      -What are you weaknesses/ strengths?
      -What are you career goals?   Answer Question

Associate Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Plainsboro, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

There are usually 3-4 in person interviews with hiring manager and those that you'll be working closely with in the position. A rubric is used when asking questions in the interview. The interviewer will ask generic questions about your resume and experience then based on a behavior guide.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a key member of a project team and the project did not go as anticipated.
      Tell me about a time when you built a relationship with a challenging external or internal colleague.
      Tell me about a situation in which you had to implement a significant change.
      Tell me about a recent project or initiative that was challenging to complete.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a little lower than I expected, I nudged a little and was given a slightly higher offer

Associate Medical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First phone screening with hiring manager, then in-person first round, then in-person second round. The process was pretty fast and went smooth. It took about two months overall. Pepole were extremely nice at the interview, I had a very good impression of the place.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience in clinical research. They asked about one time that I had to overcome a difficult situation with a report.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

I went through a recruiting company. I had two phone interviews that were very interesting. One interview cut off the call after ten to fifteen minutes to begin vacation. The other interview was interesting and intriguing. My interviews did not pertain to the position I was most interested in pursuing. I went for an on - site interview. Initially I was supposed to be in one location and ended up at another. This caused many difficulties in arranging travel for an on - site interview. Of the five interviews I completed, only three were helpful and answered my questions. (Although, my questions about the change of location of the interview or the change in position I wanted were never answered). The other two interviewers were rude and egotistical. I had to give a presentation which was particularly difficult because of the confidentiality clauses I signed at my previous employers.

Interview Questions

• These questions all pertained to behavioral type questions that were poorly worded. If the questions, were more straightforward, the answers would have been easier to answer. One interviewer asked about my previous company and explained the problems BMS had with them. I felt pressured to say negative things about my former company. Instead, I chose to discuss the positive points and colleagues I worked with. Overall, this interviewer was not someone I would want to work with and has a poor demeanor.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online, followed by email contact from HR to schedule interview. Met with HR, hiring manager and a number of stakeholders on a half day long interview circuit. HR contacted me with initial offer to be followed by formal written offer if accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle admitting to mistakes made on the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro Center, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Plainsboro Center, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a corporate recruiter contacted me a week later. Did a 15-20 minute phone screen during which the recruiter was energetic, positive and welcoming. Boy did that change after the interview.

I did an onsite interview at two locations with six different. I went to one site in the morning, then had to travel to the second site, have lunch with one of the hiring managers, and then finish up my day with three other directors.

The company didn't ask me anything about my qualifications for the position I was applying for, and were ill-prepared for the interview. Four of the six people I interviewed with asked me the EXACT same behavioral questions in the exact same order. It was more than a difficult interview, it was pointless. The interviewers were also very rude and seemed to delight in asking tangential, offbeat questions that had next to nothing to do with the job for which I was applying.

After leaving, the recruiter's tone completely changed. Didn't answer any of my followup emails or phone calls. When I finally did hear back she told me the panel felt I didn't have enough experience for the job. I don't see how they could have made that assumption when none of the six actually asked me about my qualifications. And they made this determination despite the fact that I had 12 years experience doing exactly what they were hiring for. It was pretty obvious to me by the time I got that impersonal email that I was just a time filler and that they already had their person picked.

Never again.

Interview Questions

• None were especially difficult, but after answering the same behavioral questions four times in a row, answering became a bit difficult.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Initially used a connection to land the interview. Phone screen with HR, and then invited for an all day interview. Very long day, meet with 8 individuals, an interview panel, HR rep and the hiring manager. Somewhat intense process.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for behavioral questions. Each person i interviewed had two questions in a form from HR to ask, in addition to general specific questions of their own.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

mostly phychological questions, lots of questions on situations and learning. They are still learning ht ebiopharmaceutical industry so questions are for them to get more information about how other industires are doing.

Interview Questions

• situational questions. Quesoins were for them to learn the processes at other companies. The culture is not very good at BMS. There is some hipocracy in the way they work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in August 2018.

Interview

Long, but not overly difficult. Phone screen with HR and hiring manager, face to face panel interview with three department members. Waited on feedback for about a week. Was presented with an offer and had to do a background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when a project failed and how did you handle it.   Answer Question