Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

Senior Audit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

- Phone Screen with a Manager for general accounting background
    - In person interview with several members (Supervisor, Manager, Director) and lunch (with a Senior Audit Analyst, more casual, informal) and also with Chief Audit Officer (head of department)
    - Quick decision making, offer within a couple of days after in-person interview

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Interview was lengthly about 5 hours. I did not meet with any members of the group the position was posted for. This would have been nice to get a feel for the culture/environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you influenced change across a network   Answer Question

Senior Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter to schedule a follow-up call. Discussed the job description, responsibilities, required skill sets, location of the job and salary expectations. Also discussed the relocation issues and whether I own a home or rent.

Interview Questions

• To schedule a detailed phone interview for the job I had applied   1 Answer

Principal Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in February 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. A phone interview was scheduled 3 weeks later. The hiring manager and I talked about 45 minutes on phone.

No offer was given. I applied for this job was because of the title and big name. However, it seemed that this position was actually Mid-Senior level. The office was located in Tampa, FL and they told me my current salary was higher than what they expected.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an on-site interview. Had a 1:1 interview with about 5-6 people for the on-site interview, the questions were more behavioral along with a few technical questions. The team of interviewers were congenial.

Interview Questions

• The hiring team asked mostly behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This was the phone screen with the internal recruiter. I have a follow up meeting scheduled with the hiring manager. The recruiter said that is the final round -- the manager and other decision makers all interview in the same day.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in non-launch years to grow product/market share?   Answer Question

Associate Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

several phone screens with recruiters and managers. All very helpful, positive, and accomodating. Very well organized and therefore hiring process can be lengthy. There are multiple screens and interviews with human resources representatives and directly with group leaders. The process can be lengthy just to find out if you get an onsite interview.

Senior Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Paterson, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. First step, phone screen interview with Hiring Manager (about an hour). It was both behavioral and technical questions. After couple days, I've got invitation for second round in NJ. It was a very well organized trip. In NJ, Interview was 5 hours (Case study, interview with Manager and Director, lunch with Supervisor, interview with Head Audit Officer). It was same thing technical, behavioral and situation questions. After couple hours, they called me and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions:
      Accounting: Revenue and Expense recognition, BDA, Discounts, Rebates etc.;
      Audit: Risk assessment, Fraud procedures.
      1 Answer

Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a random phone screen about a few weeks after submitting an application. He asked a few technical questions and a few days later I received an email from HR requesting onsite interview.

The interview was hours long with 5 45-minute segments and I was given no breaks or water. My last interviewer before I left didn't even bother to show up. The gentlemen who interviewed me mostly seemed pissed off from having a bad day at work and appeared as nervous as I was. The director agent 25 minutes mostly talking about himself and his work not relating to the job at all.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Four separate interviews, each interviewer had a different pillar they asked about. For ease sake, I'm going to post them all here, instead of in the questinos section.

a. Tell me about your proudest professional accomplishment and how does it relate to what you are passionate about
    b. Tell about a time you set a higher standard for yourself or others
    c. Tell me how you motivate others to learn and perform above expectations
    d. Tell me about a time you learned something to increase your impact; lessons learned to improve your output, how do you learn from your mistakes
    2) Innovation; embrace new ideas, how do you come forth with new ideas
    a. How do you challenge yourself; not about doing the same thing day in and out
    b. Tell me about a time where you recognized a need for change and what you did about it
    c. Tell me about an innovative idea and how you applied it.
    d. Describe a time when you gathered diverse perspective to have a constructive perspective.
    e. Time where you failed, what happened and what did you learn from it
    3) Speed; how do you act with urgency, in day to day.
    a.
    b. Tell me about a time where you increased the efficiency of your work or others
    c. Tell me about a time where you had to reprioritize your tasks
    d. How did you eliminate barriers to enable decision making
    e. How you effectively assesses the risks and benefits in the course of your work
    4) Accountability how do you own your own outcomes and others
    a.
    b. Set an ambitious goal and how you achieved and how did you ensure you would achieve it
    c. A time where you had to provide difficult feedback or coaching to a colleague
    d. A time where you empowered others and the impact it yielded; Got others to work on your goals

That covered like 90% of the questions. THere were also a bunch of standard behavioral questions as well (Why do you want to work here, etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you set a higher standard for yourself or others   Answer Question