Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2017

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Undisclosed Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I interviewed with a panel of 3. One of the panelists didn't have the correct resume, the second panelist showed up late while I was talking to the other two. For the most part everyone seemed engaged during the interview except for the 3rd panelist, the same person who showed up late, was checking their phone the entire time. If you aren't interested in me as a candidate that's fine, I'm not a perfect fit for every role and I don't expect to be. But have some respect for me at least. The interview was only meant to last 45 min, you can stay off your phone that long. Terrible candidate experience.

Assistant Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in September 2017.

Interview

I had a brief phone call with a representative from HR. The conversation was pretty dry - just answering questions without much more. Regardless, I still thought the interview went well, but I later got an email saying the position had been "canceled" and they wouldn't be hiring anyone.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2017.

Interview

Got contacted by human resources about a phone interview, they arranged the date and time and then the person who was going to interview me contacted me. We arranged a Skype interview because of travel issues and then the interviewer explained the job to me and asked me questions about working at BMS in general and then questions more closely related to the position I was being interviewed for.

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

It was a on campus and I was asked about the generic behavior based easy questions you can find online. Interviewer seem interested but still got rejected. Overall it is still an interesting learning experience

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Internal posting of role. Info session to learn more. Prep questions provided ahead of interview. Panel interview of senior leadership. Total time was 90 minutes long. Claimed to be looking for different experiences, but selection was typical backgrounds.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

first basics to make sure you are qualified to work there and then behavioral questions and situational questions related to the enviroment of the workplace and then technical questions directly related to the job

Interview Questions

• how would you react to someone not comfortable with new changes?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a mail from Bristol-Myers Syracuse, NY to schedule a telephone interview, the recruiter was responsive only till I confirmed my contact details but the date.
    I received the call a day before it was scheduled but luckily I was at home and was free.
    The interview lasted for about 20 minutes and was pretty smooth.
    Just asked the typical behavioral questions.
    It has been a month and I have not heard back from them yet.
    No response on follow-up mail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you showed leadership.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What projects have you done explain them and what tools did you use?   Answer Question
    • How will you be commuting (public transport or personal vehicle)?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?(I asked him about the work to be done in the position offered, skills looking for in a candidate, a typical day at Bristol-Myers and the work culture).   Answer Question

Senior Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter to schedule a follow-up call. Discussed the job description, responsibilities, required skill sets, location of the job and salary expectations. Also discussed the relocation issues and whether I own a home or rent.

Interview Questions

• To schedule a detailed phone interview for the job I had applied   1 Answer

Principal Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in February 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. A phone interview was scheduled 3 weeks later. The hiring manager and I talked about 45 minutes on phone.

No offer was given. I applied for this job was because of the title and big name. However, it seemed that this position was actually Mid-Senior level. The office was located in Tampa, FL and they told me my current salary was higher than what they expected.

Oncology Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen-resume review, job history, educational review, job description overview. Brief overview of hiring process. Territory/geographic coverage. Tell me about a time when...coverage of what the team looks like.

Interview Questions

• Time where you had to overcome a challenging situation and how you handled the customer. How do you plan your day and adjust for situations that come up/adapt? How do you gain access in difficult to see accounts?   Answer Question
    • What makes you best suited for this role? You can sometimes encounter difficult co-workers..how do you handle them?   Answer Question