Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

Senior Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter to schedule a follow-up call. Discussed the job description, responsibilities, required skill sets, location of the job and salary expectations. Also discussed the relocation issues and whether I own a home or rent.

Interview Questions

• To schedule a detailed phone interview for the job I had applied   1 Answer

Principal Statistical Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in February 2017.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. A phone interview was scheduled 3 weeks later. The hiring manager and I talked about 45 minutes on phone.

No offer was given. I applied for this job was because of the title and big name. However, it seemed that this position was actually Mid-Senior level. The office was located in Tampa, FL and they told me my current salary was higher than what they expected.

Associate Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

several phone screens with recruiters and managers. All very helpful, positive, and accomodating. Very well organized and therefore hiring process can be lengthy. There are multiple screens and interviews with human resources representatives and directly with group leaders. The process can be lengthy just to find out if you get an onsite interview.

Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a random phone screen about a few weeks after submitting an application. He asked a few technical questions and a few days later I received an email from HR requesting onsite interview.

The interview was hours long with 5 45-minute segments and I was given no breaks or water. My last interviewer before I left didn't even bother to show up. The gentlemen who interviewed me mostly seemed pissed off from having a bad day at work and appeared as nervous as I was. The director agent 25 minutes mostly talking about himself and his work not relating to the job at all.

Assistant Automation Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Received a response a week after applying to position. Initial interview with HR who was very nice. The second interview was an on-site interview at the Devens facility. All expenses were covered by the company. Overall the process went very smoothly and I had a great experience.

Assistant Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devens, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Devens, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a short interview that was basically a review of my resume with a few behavioral questions...about 10 minutes long. Then an in person interview with lots more behavioral questions from different department heads who each got a different pillar of BMS values to assess me against.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Followed by in person interview. They paid for travel. Needed to use their travel agency. They booked hotel. Sent company background, agenda, expense reimbursement form and directions to site.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2016.

Interview

Be prepared for extra interviews. Original interview was supposed to be a case study (territory analysis exercise) and 2 person panel style interview. There were bonus interviews with senior leadership for more serious candidates the same day. The final interview was the only negative feedback I can provide. Was supposed to be with original 2 people and now a surprise 3rd "bad cop" was the target. This may be an isolated example but the focus was all negative situational questions. Process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you resolved a negative physician experience.   Answer Question

Intellectual Property Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Lawrenceville, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by 3rd Part HR service (contracted out) which went well.

4 separate interviews on same day. Exhausting and totally out of time order or sequence. They did not follow the schedule as outlined to me and consequently missed out on having lunch leaving me drained for final most important interview with manager of department.

Interview Questions

• Final manager asked no questions as if she had already made her mind up. Unprofessional demeanor, awkward and quite rude. I asked her questions since she had only 1 for me. "Did you tell your current manager that you were interviewing for this job today?"   1 Answer

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview with recruiter recently. The recruiter did not sound like interested, but rather just did his job asking questions and taking notes. He did not seem to speak to the phone directly, so I was not able to hear him clearly which made the whole process difficult.

Interview Questions

• How did you know the job?
      How much do you expect?
      Do you have other interview? At which stage?
      ...