Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.9

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Interview was lengthly about 5 hours. I did not meet with any members of the group the position was posted for. This would have been nice to get a feel for the culture/environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you influenced change across a network   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an on-site interview. Had a 1:1 interview with about 5-6 people for the on-site interview, the questions were more behavioral along with a few technical questions. The team of interviewers were congenial.

Interview Questions

• The hiring team asked mostly behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

This was the phone screen with the internal recruiter. I have a follow up meeting scheduled with the hiring manager. The recruiter said that is the final round -- the manager and other decision makers all interview in the same day.

Interview Questions

• What did you do in non-launch years to grow product/market share?   Answer Question

Associate Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

several phone screens with recruiters and managers. All very helpful, positive, and accomodating. Very well organized and therefore hiring process can be lengthy. There are multiple screens and interviews with human resources representatives and directly with group leaders. The process can be lengthy just to find out if you get an onsite interview.

Senior Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Paterson, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. First step, phone screen interview with Hiring Manager (about an hour). It was both behavioral and technical questions. After couple days, I've got invitation for second round in NJ. It was a very well organized trip. In NJ, Interview was 5 hours (Case study, interview with Manager and Director, lunch with Supervisor, interview with Head Audit Officer). It was same thing technical, behavioral and situation questions. After couple hours, they called me and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions:
      Accounting: Revenue and Expense recognition, BDA, Discounts, Rebates etc.;
      Audit: Risk assessment, Fraud procedures.
      1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Four separate interviews, each interviewer had a different pillar they asked about. For ease sake, I'm going to post them all here, instead of in the questinos section.

a. Tell me about your proudest professional accomplishment and how does it relate to what you are passionate about
    b. Tell about a time you set a higher standard for yourself or others
    c. Tell me how you motivate others to learn and perform above expectations
    d. Tell me about a time you learned something to increase your impact; lessons learned to improve your output, how do you learn from your mistakes
    2) Innovation; embrace new ideas, how do you come forth with new ideas
    a. How do you challenge yourself; not about doing the same thing day in and out
    b. Tell me about a time where you recognized a need for change and what you did about it
    c. Tell me about an innovative idea and how you applied it.
    d. Describe a time when you gathered diverse perspective to have a constructive perspective.
    e. Time where you failed, what happened and what did you learn from it
    3) Speed; how do you act with urgency, in day to day.
    a.
    b. Tell me about a time where you increased the efficiency of your work or others
    c. Tell me about a time where you had to reprioritize your tasks
    d. How did you eliminate barriers to enable decision making
    e. How you effectively assesses the risks and benefits in the course of your work
    4) Accountability how do you own your own outcomes and others
    a.
    b. Set an ambitious goal and how you achieved and how did you ensure you would achieve it
    c. A time where you had to provide difficult feedback or coaching to a colleague
    d. A time where you empowered others and the impact it yielded; Got others to work on your goals

That covered like 90% of the questions. THere were also a bunch of standard behavioral questions as well (Why do you want to work here, etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you set a higher standard for yourself or others   Answer Question

Assistant Automation Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Received a response a week after applying to position. Initial interview with HR who was very nice. The second interview was an on-site interview at the Devens facility. All expenses were covered by the company. Overall the process went very smoothly and I had a great experience.

Assistant Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devens, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Devens, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a short interview that was basically a review of my resume with a few behavioral questions...about 10 minutes long. Then an in person interview with lots more behavioral questions from different department heads who each got a different pillar of BMS values to assess me against.

Interview Questions

Interview

Three online or phone interviews with two online tests, talks about 4-5 months to finish, interview question are behavioral, but HR would delve into very details to understand your roles, situations, and actions you took and how you achieved; online test includes intelligence and personality test, HR would give you feedback after these tests are finished

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral type questions, technical questions and other standard HR questions. Overall it was a long day meeting various individuals and ending with the VP and HR Director. Consider moving to NJ.

Interview Questions

• Question on how to account for revenue and expense   Answer Question
    • Question on what would I do in a situation with multiple projects and deadlines   Answer Question