Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I got a mail from Bristol-Myers Syracuse, NY to schedule a telephone interview, the recruiter was responsive only till I confirmed my contact details but the date.
    I received the call a day before it was scheduled but luckily I was at home and was free.
    The interview lasted for about 20 minutes and was pretty smooth.
    Just asked the typical behavioral questions.
    It has been a month and I have not heard back from them yet.
    No response on follow-up mail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you showed leadership.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What projects have you done explain them and what tools did you use?   Answer Question
    • How will you be commuting (public transport or personal vehicle)?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?(I asked him about the work to be done in the position offered, skills looking for in a candidate, a typical day at Bristol-Myers and the work culture).   Answer Question

DSP Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomsbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Bloomsbury, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

One of the scientists in the Bloomsbury, NJ offices at BMS, that was suppose to interview me, greeted me with a saying 'I'm not here to meet you'. She was part of the interview panel that was 30 minutes late to my presentation. She was interrupting my presentation every 10 minutes so there was no continuity to the presentation. During the technical interview, she was asking me trivial theoretical questions (e.g., derive the compression factor for a resin from scratch), when all manufacturers provide this value (in other words it's a fruitless endeavour). Also, these are answers you can look up on google or manufacturer site or derive experimentally (given the variables). It seemed as though my participation in the interview process was a formality and they had already selected someone. It basically felt like the lights were on but no one was home.

The interview session was setup with a barrage of questions that required answers that required memorization or you could up easily look up, and were mainly based on her publications.

Truly a losing battle from the beginning, but at least she was true to her initial greet, 'I'm not here to meet you'.

Interview Questions

• How do you type text instructions in the method editor of the Unicorn program? This question is funny, because everyone uses the GUI interface (circa 2000) to enter the commands and then if only necessary goes to the text instruction set of commands for optimization or tweaking. It's like asking someone to enter a DOS command for a windows setting (it's slow, menial, and time consuming).   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied as an internal candidate because I was interested in switching departments. I have a great track record with the company so I usually get selected for interviews. But, beware since 99% of jobs already have preferred candidates. Certain admin positions are now conducted as team interviews. You will be in a room with 4-5 group heads and a lead admin. They don't want to waste time with 1:1 interviews anymore.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions based on our internal core behaviors.   1 Answer

Microbiology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Syracuse, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview that was pretty standard and casual. Then an email followed and phone call to schedule on site interview. The interview was about two weeks later and was a two and half hour process. A long walk with informal questions, then 4 30 min interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• All questions based on their formula stated on the BMS Site related to team work and culture. This is huge. The issue here though was the phone interviewer mislead the position details and I was overqualified - I would not have hired me. So when the offer was not delivered - no hard feelings :)   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Wallingford, CT) in January 2013.

Interview

I had dinner with people from BMS and the next morning I had presentation for 45 mins then interviewed by several scientists and directors. Had lunch with group of scientists and visited the facility. Interviewed was done from 9 am to 4pm.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you have to make?   Answer Question

Bioprocess Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Had a preliminary phone interview. Took about 15 minutes. Asked me why you want to work here, a salary expectation and whether you were being interviewed at other companies. Then they arranged for a face to face interview a month later.

It was an interview and assessment on the day.
    We were split into two groups. One group does the interview while another do the assessment. We also had a break in between.

The assessment was relatively straightforward if you know biopharma processes.

The interview was great. I was interviewed by 3 people. One was from HR and the other two were leads. They were extremely nice and made the effort to make me feel comfortable. They asked some very basic technical questions about chromatography and what processes are involved in producing a biopharma drug. They also asked typical behavioural questions which made up the majority of the questions asked. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Run through the typical processes in a biomanufacturing facility   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

first basics to make sure you are qualified to work there and then behavioral questions and situational questions related to the enviroment of the workplace and then technical questions directly related to the job

Interview Questions

• how would you react to someone not comfortable with new changes?   Answer Question

Finance Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Madrid (Spain)) in April 2015.

Interview

Did more than 8 interview. Too many people involved. Slow process. Lack of connection between the different people involved in the interview. Change management skill was a key concern of the employer. But ironically, the management team is the first one who is not ready for change.

Senior Audit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

- Phone Screen with a Manager for general accounting background
    - In person interview with several members (Supervisor, Manager, Director) and lunch (with a Senior Audit Analyst, more casual, informal) and also with Chief Audit Officer (head of department)
    - Quick decision making, offer within a couple of days after in-person interview

Microiology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manati, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Manati, PR) in August 2014.

Interview

3 interviewers. 30 minutes apiece. Talk about work experience. Where do you want to grow in the company. How your previous work experience fits the job requirements. How you worked with others. If you were hard working and helpful. You need to be a team player that works well with others.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience en recent jobs, they ask about microbiology area and give examples of situations   Answer Question