Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Four separate interviews, each interviewer had a different pillar they asked about. For ease sake, I'm going to post them all here, instead of in the questinos section.

a. Tell me about your proudest professional accomplishment and how does it relate to what you are passionate about
    b. Tell about a time you set a higher standard for yourself or others
    c. Tell me how you motivate others to learn and perform above expectations
    d. Tell me about a time you learned something to increase your impact; lessons learned to improve your output, how do you learn from your mistakes
    2) Innovation; embrace new ideas, how do you come forth with new ideas
    a. How do you challenge yourself; not about doing the same thing day in and out
    b. Tell me about a time where you recognized a need for change and what you did about it
    c. Tell me about an innovative idea and how you applied it.
    d. Describe a time when you gathered diverse perspective to have a constructive perspective.
    e. Time where you failed, what happened and what did you learn from it
    3) Speed; how do you act with urgency, in day to day.
    a.
    b. Tell me about a time where you increased the efficiency of your work or others
    c. Tell me about a time where you had to reprioritize your tasks
    d. How did you eliminate barriers to enable decision making
    e. How you effectively assesses the risks and benefits in the course of your work
    4) Accountability how do you own your own outcomes and others
    a.
    b. Set an ambitious goal and how you achieved and how did you ensure you would achieve it
    c. A time where you had to provide difficult feedback or coaching to a colleague
    d. A time where you empowered others and the impact it yielded; Got others to work on your goals

That covered like 90% of the questions. THere were also a bunch of standard behavioral questions as well (Why do you want to work here, etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you set a higher standard for yourself or others   Answer Question

Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a random phone screen about a few weeks after submitting an application. He asked a few technical questions and a few days later I received an email from HR requesting onsite interview.

The interview was hours long with 5 45-minute segments and I was given no breaks or water. My last interviewer before I left didn't even bother to show up. The gentlemen who interviewed me mostly seemed pissed off from having a bad day at work and appeared as nervous as I was. The director agent 25 minutes mostly talking about himself and his work not relating to the job at all.

Assistant Automation Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Received a response a week after applying to position. Initial interview with HR who was very nice. The second interview was an on-site interview at the Devens facility. All expenses were covered by the company. Overall the process went very smoothly and I had a great experience.

Assistant Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devens, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Devens, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a short interview that was basically a review of my resume with a few behavioral questions...about 10 minutes long. Then an in person interview with lots more behavioral questions from different department heads who each got a different pillar of BMS values to assess me against.

Interview Questions

Interview

Three online or phone interviews with two online tests, talks about 4-5 months to finish, interview question are behavioral, but HR would delve into very details to understand your roles, situations, and actions you took and how you achieved; online test includes intelligence and personality test, HR would give you feedback after these tests are finished

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New York, NY).

Interview

Behavioral type questions, technical questions and other standard HR questions. Overall it was a long day meeting various individuals and ending with the VP and HR Director. Consider moving to NJ.

Interview Questions

• Question on how to account for revenue and expense   Answer Question
    • Question on what would I do in a situation with multiple projects and deadlines   Answer Question

Microbiology Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Syracuse, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview that was pretty standard and casual. Then an email followed and phone call to schedule on site interview. The interview was about two weeks later and was a two and half hour process. A long walk with informal questions, then 4 30 min interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• All questions based on their formula stated on the BMS Site related to team work and culture. This is huge. The issue here though was the phone interviewer mislead the position details and I was overqualified - I would not have hired me. So when the offer was not delivered - no hard feelings :)   Answer Question

Biologics Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hopewell, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Hopewell, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

round robin style where I met everyone one in the lab I would be working with including managers/supervisors. This was a lab of 12 people so I met them in groups of 3 to 4

Interview Questions

• mostly about myself/resume and experience related to this position (ex. GDP, GMP experience etc.)   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen. Followed by in person interview. They paid for travel. Needed to use their travel agency. They booked hotel. Sent company background, agenda, expense reimbursement form and directions to site.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in June 2016.

Interview

Be prepared for extra interviews. Original interview was supposed to be a case study (territory analysis exercise) and 2 person panel style interview. There were bonus interviews with senior leadership for more serious candidates the same day. The final interview was the only negative feedback I can provide. Was supposed to be with original 2 people and now a surprise 3rd "bad cop" was the target. This may be an isolated example but the focus was all negative situational questions. Process was quick.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you resolved a negative physician experience.   Answer Question