Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.9

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pennington, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Pennington, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted through an agency regarding this position. One week after I applied for this position, I got a call back for a phone interview. Two weeks after my phone interview I was called for on-site interview which lasted 4 hours. The on-site interview included presenting my thesis work in front of the department, two panel interviews, and one-on-one interview with the Director of the department. After few follow-ups regarding the status of their decision, I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• In the phone interview, I was asked about my thesis work.
      On-site interview included mostly technical questions such as, what would you do to test the impurity, stability of product?
      How would you carry out ...experiment?
      Which techniques would you use to test...?
      How does a fluorometer work?
      How does a Mass Spec work?
      What are you most looking forward to in this position?
      What do you know about BMS?
      Why do you want to work at BMS?
      What are your strengths/weaknesses?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Devens, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Started conversation over e-mail with Recruiter. Then a phone interview directly with the hiring manager. Then face to face onsite interview. Then HR round to discuss the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in this job?
      2. Some specific questions related to Value Stream Mapping.
      3. Some specific questions related to Lean Process Design.
      4. Do you have any certification.
      5. Basic Managerial questions.   1 Answer

Expenditures Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume on a Monday morning, got the call that afternoon to come in that week for a 1:1. The manager of the department I applied to work in interviewed me and the interview took about 20 minutes. She was very personable and put me at ease right off the bat.

Interview Questions

• We had general get-to-know-each-other conversation, and it was very relaxed.
      She asked me a behavioral question based off of my previous employment background, and my answer translated well for the specific position I applied for.   Answer Question

Territory Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy. Hiring manager already knew he was going to hire me because of my relationship his team and knowledge of product. Typical pharma industry interview questions.

Associate Director Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Initially used a connection to land the interview. Phone screen with HR, and then invited for an all day interview. Very long day, meet with 8 individuals, an interview panel, HR rep and the hiring manager. Somewhat intense process.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for behavioral questions. Each person i interviewed had two questions in a form from HR to ask, in addition to general specific questions of their own.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a senior research investigator. It was a pretty straightforward interview, we talked about my background, my major, and my motivation for this internship as well as the details of the research project that I would be joining. One technical question was asked. Overall, not a bad experience even though I did not get an offer.

Manager, R&D Strategy and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Initially, I had 2 phone screenings - 1 with HR and 1 with the hiring manager. After the screening, they invited me to participate in a full day of onsite interviews. Additionally, they gave me a case study and
    a writing sample to complete in advance.

Everyone I interviewed with was nice and I received positive feedback, but unfortunately, things didn't work out for me. The only problem I had with the process was the poor communication of timelines. I was told that I would hear back from them with a decision within 10 days - that turned into 2 weeks, which turned into a month.

It seemed as if my recruiter was left in the dark from a communication standpoint, and in turn, so was I. I found that part of the process to be terribly unprofessional, but I suspect that's the nature of the business, unfortunately.

Product Development Co-op Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I received the call at the exact given time. It lasted for about 30 minutes. It was mainly technical. I was given a project description that they wanted me to work on.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about myself and about my work experience. I was asked a situational question about how I would deal with the project and solve the problems.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR and they set up an interview with the Scientists. Scientist asked about my previous projects and experiences. What do I envision myself doing in the next 5 years? Technical questions about the job duties. 1 chemistry problem to solve.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

Interview process was very relaxed. Very clear from the beginning and the company was good at keeping me posted with when my interview would be and what the next step would be in the interview process. Process included a phone interview and an in-person interview on site.