Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.9

Sourcing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

First round - Met with 4 directors back to back to back.
    Second round - Met with 1 Executive Director

Overall, the process was pretty straight forward. Came in at 8:30 and had 1 hour interviews starting from 9-1pm.

Interview Questions

• behavioral mostly. huge stress on finding the right 'type' of person.   Answer Question

CAS Coop Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied Online through College website. Got interview. They spent 5 min talking about BMS. I spent time asking many technical questions about their framework, security measures and all. I cannot think of any behavioral question asked to me. They just went over my resume and gave me a "hint" for an offer right away

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Just prepare to describe about your past experiences in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were flexible.

Associate Director, Regulatory Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Lawrenceville, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a panel interview with 5 people from various Regulatory and IT groups. All questions were behavioral-style questions.

Benefits of this approach were that I didn't have to answer repetitive questions. The process was quick, the length of the interview was only 1.5 hrs.
    Cons of the panel approach were that I didn't get to know the individual interviewers as well as I would have in 1-1 sessions.

Networking was essential to get the interview, without it the hiring manager would not have seen my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to influence people, what was your approach and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • How many people have you supervised? Describe a situation when you had to coach an employee.
      Would you have done anything differently?

When have you personally needed coaching   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a screening phone interview with HR recruiter for an advanced full-time position.
    Other pharma companies in NJ area typically use HR in the interviewing process to coach Hiring Manager and to assist with negotiations, scheduling, and general questions/communications.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview is composed of telephone and then face to face interviews followed by psychometric tests. after that, you go meet senior management and this will include HR people as well. if you pass this you then do a tour of the company where you learn about the different functions. this helps get used to the company functions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email from recruiter to set up a time to have a Phone Interview. If they liked you, Then phone interview with hiring manager. If they feel you have passed the phone interview, then face-to-face interview scheduled a week or so later. I interviewed with 3 other candidates. Then, a phone call from recruiter and the hiring manager on having a final either phone/in-person interview with Regional Business Manager.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when a project did not go you way, or did not succeed?
      Can you tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult colleague for the first time, and what the result was?
      -Situational and Behavioral questions asked.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb.

Interview

I applied online. After couple of day I got an email to schedule a phone screening interview with HR, it was pretty cool. After the interview with HR a second phone interview was scheduled with the hire manager. Good aspect is that they were accurate in time wise.

Interview Questions

• The interview with HR was pretty straight forward, question like, What you did in the past to help the organization to be successful. With the hire manager was little different, the way that the job description was written is different of the manager expectation... saying this, not sure if they are going to get what they are expecting.   1 Answer

Medical Science Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainsboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Plainsboro, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online via LinkedIn. Had a short phone call with HR then a longer phone interview with the hiring manager. Both were very nice, clear, and responsive. Was invited for an in-person interview in Plainsboro. Gave a 20 minute presentation (topic up to me) and 10 minute Q&A. There were 6 employees in attendance, 3 stepped out after the Q&A. Had a relaxed discussion for the next 1.5 hrs with the hiring manager and 2 other Medical Affairs people. While sometimes panel interviews can be awkward as the passive aggression comes out between employees, I could tell these folks liked each other and truly wanted to get to know me. I received an offer 24 hours later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were a spokesperson for your lab and were delivering exciting news.   Answer Question

Senior Quality Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Syracuse, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews by phone, all set up by a head-hunter, culminating in a face to face interview. It seems to me, in hindsight, that I was being sent in to make another candidate look better, but who knows.

Interview Questions

• no questions were curve-balls; I know both my field and their processes, it was easy.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Devens, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Devens, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Easy, one step interview. They wanted to know about my experience and how I could contribute to the company and whether I could function in the high-pressure environment. Overall the interview was easy with basic generic questions.

Interview Questions

• What do I think about lean manufacturing and what are my ideologies about it?   1 Answer