Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions in New Brunswick, NJ | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Interview Questions in New Brunswick, NJ

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Directly brought in for an interview via network contact. Long interview overall, but broken into manageable segments, interviewing with two people at a time. Paid for my lunch. Overall a pleasant experience. Group was extremely professional and punctual with timing.

Interview Questions

• Asked a variety of technical questions directly related to the position I was applying for as it related to my previous experience.   1 Answer
    • Asked limited questions about my motivations for switching jobs.   1 Answer

Research Investigator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I think it is a very science involved process. I do feel the warm from all the interviewers during the whole process. I am very pleased since some companies really want to test your politics sense instead. I want to let people to focus on chemistry so that you can easily get into the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you meet some one has conflict with you?
      Can you describe the retrosynthesis of this molecule?
      Please draw your research on the blackboard.
      What do you read recently?   Answer Question

Research Investigator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a day-long process which consisted of 6 interviews, a tour of the labs, and an hour-long seminar. Everyone was very friendly and professional, and most technical questions pertained to my PhD research. You could definitely get a sense of the caliber of technicality BMS has from the types of detailed questions that the interviewers asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you managed a project and it did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, then I was invited to on-site. I was asked to make a 45 min presentation and talked with the members of the group. People are good and friendly, but the interviewing process is quite boring. Most of the people just asked question from the list of behavioral questions each of them had.

Interview Questions

• Went through my skills from the resume. Many behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Site Leader/DRM (Director) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Saw and applied via the website for the aforementioned position. Totally did not expect the phone call a few days later informing me that they wanted to fly me out for an onsite visit. They didnt even want to phone screen me which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending all on the current situation you are walking into.
    Onsite i interviewed with the global HR manager via telephone followed a seemingly intimidated site HR manager who "wished me well." ( This is when i realized this interview was not going well. :) I really think the high salary disturbed him.
    Next, i was walked clear across campus to the a global ops manager who was very personable and informative. He explained the situation to me in total leaving nothing to the imagination.
    Next was the director of quality who asked me all the behaviour based questions in one long run-on sentence and im not joking. and that struck me as very very odd. obviously she had not interviewed before based on that fact and the fact she seemed extremely nervous. around this time i was thinking no matter how much money they offered, i most likely would not accept this job, this was a very high profile job with much much responsibility and without the proper backing you are doomed to fail.
    Lastly i met my potential new boss. He was very relaxed and he offered the flip side of the coin about the current situation i might be dealing with in my new role. In fact, he offered so much information i felt i might actually be offered the job. But this was not the case.
    I left the interview feeling i wasted my time, and this particular site was very unprofessional in manner in which they handled the interview/ site visit.
    i still have yet to receive my reimbursement for my travel expenses as well. This alone is beyond ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• When questions were asked they were an attempt at behavioural based platforms. Other wise they were just statements   Answer Question

Director Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The early stages were standard with an HR phone screen and initial calls. The manager / co-worker interviews were not particularly professional. Which seemed to be a combination of the people and the level of preparation for the interview by the team. The focus of the interviews eventually did not match the job.

Interview Questions

• I had some fairly pointed questions from a VP on service levels, it seemed to be more of affirmation of their thoughts versus any specific discussion of what I could bring for value in the area.   1 Answer

Senior Scientist, Spectroscopy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. HR lady called in with a hiring manager followed up with phone interview in 2 weeks. Invited for onsite interview at the New Brunswick site after "duly impressing" HM. Met with HM, a principal scientist, a Sr scientist, an associate director each for 30 min. Then phone interviewed with HR again in the afternoon. Phone interviewed with an associate director next day because of missed appointment. Four weeks later, received an email declining me for a Scientist I position I never applied.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question from HR lady: how to balance speed and quality. Strange question from HR working in pharmaceutical industry, since quality tops everything in pharma   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

The process was easy. First I received a phone call, next I was followed up for an in-person interview. Mostly behavioral questions, then was asked two simple questions about packaging.

HOWEVER, I find it to be very unprofessional and disrespectful for a company such as BMS not to follow up after my final interview. I have contacted the company asking for an update and was told I'd hear back about the decision within the next two weeks. I did not. I've never had that experience with any other company.
    Do not lie to your applicants that thy'll hear back. Is it really that difficult for the HR person to have a generic e-mail saying "thank you, but no thank you?"

Drug Safety Evaluation Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process involved two phases. The first phase was a phone interview with 3-4 scientists from different departments within the Drug Safety Evaluation division. The questions asked in the phone interview mainly involved the details of your experiences on your resume (e.g., past research) and your reasons of interest in the research position. The second phase was an onsite interview by invitation, and involved meeting 2 scientists from each department to discuss in greater detail about your past experiences and expectations for interns offered a position in Drug Safety Evaluation. During each of these mini interviews, the scientists also talked about potential projects on which interns will work and asked questions to gauge the candidate's level of interest and qualifications for completing the project. A final offer for an internship position was given in one of the departments of Drug Safety Evaluation based on the candidate's project interest.

Interview Questions

• No specific or especially technical questions were asked during the interview. However, it is highly recommended that the candidate knows his or her resume very well, especially about past research experience(s).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly rate for an intern was standard and non-negotiable. The start and end dates of the internship are strictly set from the last week of May to the first week of August (approximately).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (New Brunswick, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

I went to a career fair at my school where Bristol Myers was present. I talked to one of the recruiters and told them my interest in the company. I told her why I was interested in pharma and their company. She then told me that they would like to interview me later that day for an internship. I only had about an hour to prepare and then I went into career services for an interview. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was a normal behavioral question interview.