Bristol-Myers Squibb Research Scientist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bristol-Myers Squibb Research Scientist I Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in December 2012.

Interview

HR called and left a msg, then emailed. She seemed minimally educated as she misspelled quite a few words and there were grammatical errors in what was such a short email. Phone interview was with a panel of 6 people for about 1.5 hours. It went very well, and we basically just reviewed my resume. Was invited for an onsite interview one day later, after they ran my references. The onsite interview was from 8:30am to 5pm with all HR based questions from Scientists. The day started with a 45 min presentation of my past research. The questions were super dumb based on their platform (values like soar, acheieve, etc). They were extremely repetitive but I am guessing they do that to see if you can respond with my different scenarios. I was prepared, and had about 50 situations ready :) One of the older Scientists did not ask his sheet of questions bc he said HR made up those dumb questions and he wasn't sure what they had to with the interview. Interview went well according to the HM and feedback from the other scientists.

Interview Questions

• I was prepared for all of the questions. I'd say one woman asked why I didn't use a certain technique back in graduate school?   1 Answer

BMS was not for me. I was very turned off with the interview style. They were all very impersonal and borderline rude. No one asked a question that they wanted to know, every question was from their sheet. What they don't know is that you can prepare for that type of interview, and it does not test your ability or personality. I felt that they were very uptight in that regard and did not feel like I'd fit it. Plus, the company is very unstable. They change targets every quarter or so it seems.

Other Interview Reviews for Bristol-Myers Squibb

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in June 2009.

Interview

Scientist contacted me if I was interested in this opportunity. After saying yes, another Scientist contacted me for a telephonic interview which was a technical interview. Then they invited me for an onsite interview. Day before the interview, HR had an interview over the phone. At the day of interview, I had a full day interview with presentation of my previous work. Interview was tough and very technical.

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a little bit on my salary but they were offering me slightly below the average salary for this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bristol-Myers Squibb (Princeton, NJ) in June 2008.

Interview

Interview process was rather quick. Was first called by HR person. HR person expressed that my background was great fit for the position and that there was an immediate need. Couple standard HR questions about background, salary, etc. Then after a couple weeks, met on-site with the hiring manager and team of scientists. Pre-formulated questions were given to staff as they asked me standard questions like "Name a time you faced adversity on a project and how you handled it". However I was caught off guard when I interviewed with one of the research staff and she immediately gave me a skills test and didn't have even a normal interview-like converstation. Was thrown for a loop with some very test-like stumper questions. However, they did treat me to lunch and the discussions and conversations I had with the director and hiring manager went very well and it was more natural. Overall, they expressed so much interest in my background and how good a fit I would be for the department, but it was kind of a let-down in the end because I wasn't given an offer. However, nothing is certain until your T's are crossed and i's are dotted.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a questions about a very specific SAS procedure and whether the syntax in it was appropriate for the study   Answer Question