British American Tobacco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.3

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY).

Interview

Online testing, phone interview, interview, I am still waiting for response in regardence of the next cycle of interviews, they are professional but it takes to long the whole process is lasting up to now a month. B

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY).

Interview

Structured with alot of probing, the Hiring Manager did not ask much technical questions as they probe more on what you explained through your work experience. The Hiring Managers are well versed with their business and sell very well on their job opportunities and career development

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your weakness, strength, achievements   1 Answer

Logistic Coordinator Interview

Interview

There is was two part individual and team interview. On the individual part you should've take a test and also do an interview with the managements. Then on the team, there is was scenario / a case that the team needed to discuss about and come up with a recommendations and present the case.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason that you applied for this position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in March 2012.

Interview

1.Phoe interview
    2. Assessment for resolve in team and individually
    3.. You have to present your own solution, they are gonna make questions to know how you react to certain situations - This related with sales and marketing
    4. The case was no related with cigarettes, it was actually about candies.

Interview Questions

• Experiences in sales
      Expectations
      1 Answer

Accounts Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2009.

Interview

Post job advertisment in the local dailies, contact for interview, provide refreshments, iice breakers and aptitude tests. Friendly, receptive interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Benefits and salsries are comprtitive and attractive: there isn't much to negotiate.

Trade Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

First it was an online personality test, followed by a phone interview. They had HR calling from KL so please do pick up. I was invited for the actual interview after the phone screen. It was ok however I felt that the oil and gas scenario element of the interview was quite irrelevant and tricky.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ondokuzmayıs (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Ondokuzmayıs (Turkey)) in February 2017.

Interview

First step is a call with the HR worker from Istanbul office. Second step was an interview with a HR worker and a lead engineer in the Samsun plant.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable working as a shift engineer? For how long?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in February 2017.

Interview

First they sent me immediately to email company culture quiz then numerical and verbal reasoning tests. And after one week they call me for phone interview. Interviewer told me that she is going to recommend me to her manager and gave me another informations about next step- assessment centre

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why do you want to work for BAT?
      What are your goals?
      What do you know about BAT?
      Answer Question

Junior Brand Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

Shortly after I submitted my application, I received an invitation to complete a Cultural Fit assessment. This was fairly easy to prepare for. Simply review their company culture pages and look for certain key words they use when describing their values and answer the assessment the way you think they'd want you to. I would suggest being slightly aggressive e.g. enjoys working independently, ambitious with clear incentives to move up their corporate ladder (laterally, which is paradoxical, I know), do not require one on one training, etc.

After I passed, I was invited to complete numerical and verbal assessments. Again, not too bad but tricky.

The numerical assessment is untimed but they give no indication of how many questions there are. It took me almost an hour and a half to complete! You get a dataset and several options, press next, rinse and repeat.

The verbal assessment is a standard "true, false, can't tell" type. However, it is VERY tricky. I answered "can't tell" for six questions in a row and really doubted myself. However, I passed and received an email congratulating me on making it to the next stage. Roughly a month later, I received an email automated rejection email with no chance to follow up.

When I contacted the hiring manager to ask what part of my application caused the rejection, I was told that I could not receive feedback. Must admit, I am disappointed as I had passed all of the assessments and was "congratulated" on reaching the "next stage" only to be rejected. I can only assume that many applicants had also passed the online assessments.

Senior Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in January 2017.

Interview

Online questionnaire.
    Short telephone interview from HR.
    Skype interview with people from the department.
    The overall process was quick and simple and the interview was focused mainly around my capabilities for the position.