British American Tobacco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

3.3

Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY).

Interview

Online testing, phone interview, interview, I am still waiting for response in regardence of the next cycle of interviews, they are professional but it takes to long the whole process is lasting up to now a month. B

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (New York, NY).

Interview

Structured with alot of probing, the Hiring Manager did not ask much technical questions as they probe more on what you explained through your work experience. The Hiring Managers are well versed with their business and sell very well on their job opportunities and career development

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, your weakness, strength, achievements   1 Answer

Logistic Coordinator Interview

Interview

There is was two part individual and team interview. On the individual part you should've take a test and also do an interview with the managements. Then on the team, there is was scenario / a case that the team needed to discuss about and come up with a recommendations and present the case.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in March 2012.

Interview

1.Phoe interview
    2. Assessment for resolve in team and individually
    3.. You have to present your own solution, they are gonna make questions to know how you react to certain situations - This related with sales and marketing
    4. The case was no related with cigarettes, it was actually about candies.

Interview Questions

• Experiences in sales
      Expectations   1 Answer

Accounts Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2009.

Interview

Post job advertisment in the local dailies, contact for interview, provide refreshments, iice breakers and aptitude tests. Friendly, receptive interviewers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Benefits and salsries are comprtitive and attractive: there isn't much to negotiate.

Finance(Accounts Payables) Interview

Interview

I was shortlisted on application then failed on the culture questionnaire, I didn't think it would be that much a big deal. its so confusing btw, at one point you don't know what to choose!!

Interview Questions

• have you worked at BAT before   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process already published online. I will only focus on 2 final rounds.
    The Assessment Center takes a whole day, from 9am to 7pm. There are 3 rounds, 2 in the morning, then lunch, then 1 in the afternoon.
    The 1st rounds is about team work. A case study of a drink company is presented and you have to choose the 2 best suppliers for the company. There are 6 suppliers and 6 critera to judge. Each candidates (6 in total) will be represent a department from the company, who are instructed to favor 1 supplier and disqualify 1 supplier. The point of the test is to evaluate the ability to work in team, respect, reason, protect idea, contributing idea, collaborating skill, not the result (examiners do not even ask about the result, they assess when you work and discuss).
    2nd round is about choosing investing plan. 3 investing plan are provided with different context, risk, opportunity. You have to break it down in 25 min, then present your opinion to 2 examiners. Again, it is not about the choice, it is about how you reason and support your claim. The examiner will try to shake your reason, hold on to it (of course with reason, support and claim).
    3rd round is about making marketing plan under time pressure. A 10 - page-or-more document provided including email, reference, some data. 55 min is allowed to read and prepare Powerpoint presentation (laptop and mouse provided, and it is shorter than you might think). Then you present your idea, execution plan. The point is to test your creativity and reasoning ability under pressure. Time management is crucial.

Final Meeting with head of function is rather informal. It is all about you up to this point. Note that up to this point, it is not the matter of ability any more, it is the matter of commitment and orientation (you can't show them your career path that is way off track to what they provide, or any sign that you may have low commitment to the program). I suggest the 90-first-day plan to show your commitment. Be serious for what your say.

And good luck!

Legal & External Affairs Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Nairobi (Kenya)) in November 2017.

Interview

First of all, you will be required to make an online application via their career portal. Once completed, make sure to check your email for an automatic response validating your application. You should later receive an invite to take part in BAT Culture test. I personally took 12 Minutes to complete. I was immediately invited to take part in the cognitive test. I took part in the verbal only.

The interview process is not complete,it is still ongoing. I will update you further.

Interview Questions

• Practice on competency based questions. Do not rush and be calm.   Answer Question

Talent Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and received a call within 2 weeks.
    Had to complete 4 steps in total.
    - Culture Questionnaire
    - Cognitive Tests – verbal and numerical reasoning
    - Telephone Interview
    - Face-to-face Interview

Very fast and efficient interview process.

Global Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hà Nội (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Hà Nội (Vietnam)) in October 2017.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I applied online through Linkedin. After finishing cultural fit test and verbal, logical reasoning test I received an email for a phone screening. The interviewer called me from Malaysia and he asked me some questions about my background and tell me about Global Graduate Program Process. He was very friendly and the interview was quite interesting.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any trouble with old company? How did you handle that?   Answer Question