British American Tobacco Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

British American Tobacco Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Dhaka (Bangladesh)).

Interview

First, you would have to submit your resume at Jobs@BAT. That's the only way to apply.

Then, there would be an initial CV screening by a designated team. After checking the hygiene qualifying parameters, this team primarily looks for leadership evidence. This is of paramount importance. Your resume would never make it for an interview if you do not include extracurricular experiences - leading small groups (football, cricket, debate anything helps).

Then, if you qualify, you'd be invited to a Primary Interview (PI). This would be done by one or two Certified BAT Assessor(s). In a one-to-one close door 'Hard Talk' type interview, the interviewer(s) would want to know you as a person. What's your leadership style, how you have dealt with stress, challenges in your life - in professional, student, personal or social settings. If you face this interview, in answering the questions, be as specific as you can. For any question, instead of giving a number of examples, try to stick with just one example. And, share very clearly - what you personally did in that setting, what was your own contribution, why it was so important and so on. Try to get exactly what is being asked and answer that very well.

If you pass this stage, then, you would be invited for an Assessment Center. A whole-day event where you would be taken through a number of exercises (usually three) with a number of other candidates (usually, six to eight). These would include Group Discussion of a Business Case, Fact Finding or Role Play and, finally, a Business Presentation.

Next, in another day, if successful, you'd be asked for a Final Interview. This would be with a Senior Manager - typically, the Head of the recruiting Function.

And, finally, there would be medical check up :-)

All the best!

Interview Questions

• Fact finding and role play exercise. Use your full imagination and try to work hard :-) Be creative, it always helps :-)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Eight years ago, I entered in an entry position. There wasn't any negotiation but the offer was already very generous. 24-hour chauffeured car, laptop, phone allowance, a very generous medical coverage and life insurance.

Other Interview Reviews for British American Tobacco

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in September 2010.

Interview

I applied for the role internally after hearing about it from a colleague. HR contacted me for the interview and had one face to face interview. As I was internally transferred, a second interview was deemed unnecessary. The hiring manager and HR Business Partner were present for the interview. The questions were not technical, more on leadership capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the best thing you have done within the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR was very strict, salary was none negotiable. I should have tried harder.