British American Tobacco Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.4

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Good interview and quite informal. Read up on company and competitors. Also use the STAR technique to elaborate how you meet the required competencies required for the role. Try to have around 2 examples for each competency.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to work for BAT   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in September 2017.

Interview

Highly unpleasant and aggressive. Probably the worst interview (and the most aggressive and rude interviewer) I have ever had in my career which even left me doubting my own capabilities as an FMCG marketer with 6+ years of experience.

Applied online and was immediately invited to do the culture test, math test and verbal test.

Was then told via automated email that HR would be in touch re: next steps.

4 weeks later, receive an email scheduling a call with HR to discuss my CV. The call went well and was told I would be scheduled for an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

A week later I went to the BAT office for the interview, where the hiring manager, proceeded to ask me questions about my CV and then: would not let me finish any of my answers, abruptly cut me off and moved to the next questions, rolled his eyes multiples times, openly doubted my experience then mid-interview told me I lacked experience and this would not work out.

I was left shocked and confused and wondered if this was BATs style?

Had I gotten further in the process I would have declined.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experience   3 Answers

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Three online tests on maths and verbal reasoning. Telephone interview and then an all day assessment followed by an interview. A long process which is used for all positions not specifically designed for the legal profession.

Interview Questions

• What is most important in terms of job satisfaction for you.   Answer Question

Supply Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was Skype interview, during which they asked me a bunch of situational competencies questions. My advice would be to prepare any possible examples of your experience in relation to applying role. This is my second interview with BAT, and I find it very stressful. Once they asked question, and you replied, they dig out more on your response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment when you have to overcome challenge to achieve target (business objective)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

tough, challenging, whole day assessment where you are squeezed to the fullest and that was only for graduate programme together with 5 other steps to get admitted. online test, HR interview, interview with standardised shared service questions, assessment centre, Head of function interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

At first it was a quick process but then became more lengthy. I started with a phone interview and this was followed up by several face to face interviews.

Although I didn't end up getting the job I felt the interview process was fair. It could have been picked up sooner than the third interview that I didn't have the experience they were after but it was good learning for me.

My only negative would be one of the interviewers being constantly on his phone and checking it in my first face to face interview. I felt this was very unprofessional.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online waited for about 2 weeks for them to send me an online test. Completed the online test waited about a week to find out that I failed. They said that I didn't fit into there culture which is very specific.

Interview Questions

• Look at the culture of BAT; they are looking for a certain type of person that fits in with them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was by far the most extensive I've ever experienced but orchestrated very well.
    Stages of interviewing:
    1. Initial application (online)
    2. Tests: Numerical/logical/Cultural
    3. Phone interview (2 interviewers)
    4. Assessment centre (3 interviews, group role-play)
    5. CV meeting/discussion
    6. Offer

Interview Questions

• What are BATs biggest brands
      What can you tell me about the countries BAT operates in
      What are the biggest challenges the company is facing   Answer Question

PMO Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Application online with CV upload.
    After 1 week you will automatically receive 2 tests to perform. Logical Reasoning Test and Behavioral Test.
    If passed they will check your CV and if it fits their requirements they will contact you for an in loco 1 to 1 interview with the line manager.
    The whole process took 3 weeks and I received the offer the same day of the interview

PMO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 Stages - Telephone Interview only Pretty straightforward
    Initial screening with the in-house recruiter who then put my cv forward to the hiring manager.
    Recruiter then called to say the rate for the role has been revised and asked if I was still interested in the role.

Interview Questions

• Competency Based Question.
      An overview of the company and the Program
      Questions around my background, experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate any thing.

The rate was revised and I had accepted to be considered on the revised rate
    Flexible working was part of the overall package