British American Tobacco Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

British American Tobacco Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated May 17, 2017

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British American Tobacco.

Interview

tough, challenging, whole day assessment where you are squeezed to the fullest and that was only for graduate programme together with 5 other steps to get admitted. online test, HR interview, interview with standardised shared service questions, assessment centre, Head of function interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

At first it was a quick process but then became more lengthy. I started with a phone interview and this was followed up by several face to face interviews.

Although I didn't end up getting the job I felt the interview process was fair. It could have been picked up sooner than the third interview that I didn't have the experience they were after but it was good learning for me.

My only negative would be one of the interviewers being constantly on his phone and checking it in my first face to face interview. I felt this was very unprofessional.

Corporate Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online waited for about 2 weeks for them to send me an online test. Completed the online test waited about a week to find out that I failed. They said that I didn't fit into there culture which is very specific.

Interview Questions

• Look at the culture of BAT; they are looking for a certain type of person that fits in with them.   Answer Question

PMO Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Application online with CV upload.
    After 1 week you will automatically receive 2 tests to perform. Logical Reasoning Test and Behavioral Test.
    If passed they will check your CV and if it fits their requirements they will contact you for an in loco 1 to 1 interview with the line manager.
    The whole process took 3 weeks and I received the offer the same day of the interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was by far the most extensive I've ever experienced but orchestrated very well.
    Stages of interviewing:
    1. Initial application (online)
    2. Tests: Numerical/logical/Cultural
    3. Phone interview (2 interviewers)
    4. Assessment centre (3 interviews, group role-play)
    5. CV meeting/discussion
    6. Offer

Interview Questions

• What are BATs biggest brands
      What can you tell me about the countries BAT operates in
      What are the biggest challenges the company is facing
      Answer Question

PMO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

2 Stages - Telephone Interview only Pretty straightforward
    Initial screening with the in-house recruiter who then put my cv forward to the hiring manager.
    Recruiter then called to say the rate for the role has been revised and asked if I was still interested in the role.

Interview Questions

• Competency Based Question.
      An overview of the company and the Program
      Questions around my background, experience and skill set.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate any thing.

The rate was revised and I had accepted to be considered on the revised rate
    Flexible working was part of the overall package

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in May 2016.

Interview

Just remember that you can fail the culture questionaire. My application wasn't taken further only because of failing this small questionnaire supposedly without wrong answers. My CV didn't even get looked at...

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was invited for cultural assessment immediately and then numeracy and verbal online tests. I practised questions on Kenexa and SHL which was helpful to get familiar with style. Received email some time later saying I wasn't successful. Didn't even make it to face-to-face. Don't understand these ATS decisions sometime. But that's the world nowadays.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Relatively straightforward once you have passed the testing phase. No your stuff, ensure that you know the bonds and the competitors positioning. Be aware that the will be a focus on your ability to problem solve.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British American Tobacco (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, submitted a CV, had a telephone interview with my supervisor then a face-face interview with two managers. Also had a site tour and met some other team members and the current student.