British Columbia Institute of Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at British Columbia Institute of Technology

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Columbia Institute of Technology (Burnaby, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Had a general interview first, then was called back to do the skills testing which took a ridiculous 3hrs! You'd think they're just exaggerating, but they're not. The whole skills testing portion was overkill, I can understand some skills testing, but their amount and depth was unnecessary for the type of position. Way more difficult that it needed to be.

Interview Questions

• Just very typical interview questions, it's more of the skills testing I thought was extreme.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Columbia Institute of Technology.

Interview

Good, organized process; called me to schedule an appointment. Followed up when they said they would. Had 3 separate interviews with different people. Asked to contact references. Made offer by telephone. Were not willing to negotiate on salary, made it clear there is a fixed salary range for every job and need to work up the salary range.

Interview Questions

• All expected interview questions for this type of job. Had to do computer and typing skills tests.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administration Interview

Interview

Application process is online; there are testing requirements; multiple interviews are a possibility

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Columbia Institute of Technology (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2011.

Interview

*On line applications and resumes only are accepted by BCIT
    *Only those selected for a interview are contacted
    *A small panel of 5 meet with candidate
    *The interview consists of primarility information gathering and behaviour based questions
    * Only the potential candidate will be contacted by phone with the request for references and the possibility of a second interview.
    (Advice: research the School, Department and any outside agencies associated with the position)

Interview Questions

• Specific details about the processes involved with the position.   1 Answer