British Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

British Gas Interview Questions

Interviews at British Gas

2.9

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Gas (London, England (UK)) in June 2012.

Interview

3 stage process, easy to excel just be prepared with STAR technique and you will be god to go. Might be asked to do a presentation with a group of people, easy task
    - HR phone assessment
    - Group assessment
    - 1-2-1 interview

Interview Questions

• - Describe a negative situation and how your worked around it   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Gas.

Interview

Phone interview. The interview lasts from 20-40 minutes. They ask basic competency questions and why you chose Centrice, British Gas, why this stream. They also told about centrica's values and what is mostly valued in British Gas. The interviewer was really nice :)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a success you delivered in a team and what role did you play to achieve this success?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at British Gas in July 2010.

Interview

It was very quick and smooth and very professional

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at British Gas (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Easy going relaxed interview, there wasn't any specific competency based questions , they just wanted to learn about my experiences to date and what I could bring into their team

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about yourself and what you have done in the last 3 years   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at British Gas (Staines, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Several interviews, the usual HR and then 2 more detailed and technical IV's including people management and strategy planning. A presentation had to be prepared as well as multiple example reports etc. The interview jumped around and I think on purpose to ensure that I could jump between issues, discussions and meetings.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle conflict within the organisation   1 Answer

Service Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at British Gas.

Interview

Technical test 30 mins
    1 hour and 30 mins questions and get to know you and how you work within the industry. Also you get to ask questions. Very nice vibe and made you feel comfy especially the managers

Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at British Gas (Staines, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

One phone interview followed by a one to one. I was interviewed by two manager . one in my team and one in an external team . the atmosphere was relaxed

Interview Questions

• why British gas
      why energy industry
      what i know about the company product   Answer Question

Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at British Gas (Windsor, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Online tests, then a face-to face interview in the head office. I was interview by the heads of power forecasting (gas) and the head of gas forecasting. They were both really nice and knowledgeable. It was a very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer explained the job and then asked me to go through my CV.
      They also asked questions on SQL queries and Excel , on the energy industry (gas and power), general question demand vs supply.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at British Gas (London, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

Initially screened over the phone the door to door sales representative interview consisted of a number of steps and a final interview day out at a hotel. Apart from generic interview questions about background and experience, the field job interview involved a ‘scenario test’ session. Where you are asked to try and sell the product to one of your customers. One person from the panel acts as a customer and the other one notices your pitch, body language and presentation style.

Final interview is conducted with 2-3 people, lasting about 30-45 minutes it is a much more formal affair with questions regarding your background, experience, ambitions and future goals.

Sales Support Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British Gas (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was invited to an assessment centre after my online application. The assessment centre included a 15 minutes Excel test, 2 group exercises and a face to face interview. It took about 2,5 hours altogether.

The Excel test was basic. Data entry and formatting. We had 15 minutes to complete it.

In the first group exercise we had to put the passengers in order of rescuing them of a sinking boat. At the end we had to explain the reason of the order of the passengers.
    In the second group exercise we had to build a building from paper using only 2 staples and loads of sheets of blank A4 paper. We had to build as high as we could and stable as possible at the same time. There was a "wind test" at the end.
    Between the group exercises there was a 10 minutes break with drinks and snacks.

On the interview there was nothing unexpected. (Talk about yourself, Why should they hire you, Tell me about your weaknesses, Where do you feel you need to improve, How much money would you like to get for this position) If you prepare yourself you will be fine.

The atmosphere was friendly during the whole assessment centre.