British Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

British Gas Interview Questions

Interviews at British Gas

2.9

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British Gas (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Intense and long but very thorough and you knew what was expected and a good insight into the role. You had a telephone role play, where you handled 2 situations and had chance to evaluate the role plays. Feedback was given after both role plays by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with challenging and changing targets, and how do you deal with change?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uddingston, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at British Gas (Uddingston, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online for the customer service advisor position. A couple of days later, invited to a telephone interview. Telephone interview was a lot of questions about why do you want to work for us etc. Passed the telephone then was invited to a role play session on the phone the next day. This gives the client the idea how you can handle and deal with customers. It went well with feedback saying I was a very bubbly person to talk to on the phone e and after this, I was invited to the face to face interview the next day. We're very nice and welcoming. Asked me 2 questions each of their values as a company: 1. Do what's right, 2.love simplicity and 3. be extraordinary. Quite surprised they didn't ask me any questions on the company but I revised these just in case, so I was prepared for any questions they asked. Hear back tomorrow, fingers crossed!

I hope this helps as reading other reviews on this site, really helped me!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼

Interview Questions

• Have you ever went out your way for a person/employee eg covered a shift for another person?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at British Gas in September 2016.

Interview

I completed the online application and recieved a response the same day saying I was successful to the next stage. They were very prompted and wanted a telephone interview the next day. First I had the telephone interview asking what I know I know about the company? What can I bring to the role? When was a time I helped a customer in need? How would I respond to an angry customer? Make sure you show your passion about helping others. They are very interested in people who have done volunteering.
    I passed to the next part which was a telephone interview this I found quite nerve racking as you have no idea how the customers are going to acted and they test you on very suttle things. I was successful even when I made a few mistakes just make sure your sympathetic and hit the main points.
    I made it to the final interview which is face to face they were very friendly and made you feel comfortable even though I felt they were doing this to catch you off guard. The questions were based on scenerios like how you deal with change? A time you worked as a team? Helped other people? Recieved critism?
    They told me they would ring in 48 hours which they did and was successful! My only down side was i made it clear I couldnt do every weekend which they said in the interview I wouldnt. When I was told I have the job they said I would be working every weekend. This has made me reconsider the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you ask about shifts!

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at British Gas.

Interview

First is an online assessment, then you're invited to do a telephone interview. They ask you a lot of questions about the company and about your previous employment. These are competency based questions. They want you to use the STAR method. If you complete this stage you'll be invited to do a role play over the phone. This is quite simple if you follow the script but they want you to really show your personality. I was invited to attend an assessment day but sadly I couldn't make it and my application was withdrawn.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you showed good customer service   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at British Gas in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed questionnaires lasting about 30 mins. Had a phone interview the next day which I passed, was told I would have a role play phone interview a few days later, they send you a few sheets to work off, highlighting the structure of the phone call. You really need to prepare with these sheets or you will fail the role play.

I had two scenarios in the role play, basically had to use my own initiative to work out if each customer was a priority and needed an urgent appointment. Passed and was invited to a face-to-face interview a few days later.

You really need to do your research on the company for each round of the interview process, especially their values as my final interview was structured around BG's three values. Learn about their products, latest offers etc. They will ask you questions about your own experiences within customer service, use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result) to talk about your experiences.

Was offered the role the day after my face-to-face and am very much looking forward to starting at British Gas next week!

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at British Gas (Leicester, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and easy going. They don't make it very formal, just want to have a chat with you and ask a few questions. As long as you have the qualities they're looking for they'll hire you. Just be confident and straightforward

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you've gone out of your way to help other?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Interview

Did online application process. Lengthy with a numerical test and 4 200 word competences. Got an email a few weeks later saying I got through to a phone interview. The phone interview is based on myself and my experience in customer service. Expect 2 situational questions about this. Then a day later i got through to another phone interview based on myself playing a role of the advisor and the interviewer the role of customer. Basically you get emailed a scenario beforehand and you have to follow script but make sure you have a good telephone manner and give the correct info. I got invited to an assessment day the day after with 2 other candidates. First we had to respond to an email from a customer using microsoft word. Then a one on one interview with a floor manager. Then the 3 of us listened to a recorded phone call from a customer and discussed it in front of 4 managers. I was very positive about how the day went as ive done this sort of thing a few times and got offered positions plus my experience in customer service. I was told I would hear back the day after or at least the start of the week and the manager insisted they phone us whether we were successful or not. Its been 8 days now ans have not heard anything or had any response to an email I sent enquiring about my application, which leads me to think I havent got the job. I will leave it until next week but a bit disappointed that there has been no communication espescially from such a big company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at British Gas in September 2016.

Interview

4 stages
    Online application
    Telephone competency based questions
    Telephone role play
    Face to face interview

Role play they give you a scenario which you need to follow
    Very long process but not too difficult. No previous experiance is required in a call centre just some experiance in delivering excellant service.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at British Gas (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

stage 1: Lengthy online application with competency questions.
    stage 2: Telephone interview
    stage 3. Assesment and face to face interview.
    Take your time filling out online questions and be ashonest as you can as they will relate back to them if you make it through to face to face interview.
    The telephone interview is a role play where they ring you as a customer, usually an angry one so study the information they send you prior to it.
    I would say the hard bit is done if you pass the first two stages and make it to the face to face interview. The interviewer was nice and relaxed with me so just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have dealt with a difficult customer or difficult situation.   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Gas (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

3 stages. 1. Telephone interview/screening 2. Role play via telephone 3. Face to face (1-1)

Good interview, very competency based - explain a time when...

Not the best company to work for, don't really value there employees and not many benefits