Broadcom Analog Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Analog Design Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Contacted by Hiring Manager and had an informal phone conversation initially to gauge interest from both sides. Phone interview with a Design Engineer within the group a couple days later which asked basic questions about IC design and circuits (RLC circuits, matching, GBW, amplifiers, etc.). Brought on-site and had multiple 1:1 interviews during the day as well as one 2:1 interview. All asked questions about basic analog and RF IC design as well as things about my resume. Tried to take things from my resume and ask very specific details about everything on it and would not accept a general answer. Interview ended with Design Manager and another round of questions about amplifier design with vague/general questions and expecting very specific answers without giving enough information. Interview lasted a total of about 4 hours. Never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Can you draw a circuit to bias the gate of a cascode device? (No mention of supply limitation, threshold voltages, care in tracking PVT variations, or anything else. Just, draw a circuit to bias the gate of a cascode device.)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in April 2008.

Interview

Interview began with HR discussion. They asked standard question such as where do you see yourself in 5 years and so on, abiut my salary and expectation. Next I had 5 diffrent guys interview from technical side, everybody was from different field. First was basc analog circuit design, OPAMP and other related stuff, folloewed by question from my filed, i.e. high speed circuit design. Next this was followed by more specilalized question. Some testing related questions were also asked.