Broadcom Interview Questions in Bengaluru | Glassdoor

3.4

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

It was not one of the better interviews I have faced. Interviewers believed more in the process of "elimination" rather than "choosing" the candidate. The attitude of the interviewers was unnecessarily aggressive and it seemed like they were trying to show off their superiority and put down the candidate who had come for interview. The hiring manager's questions were very vague and unclear.
    The product line is definitely very good and work does seem to be interesting but have my apprehensions about the team.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was shortlisted as part of college placements. Interview was basically based on my projects done. Asked in depth details of both main and mini projects. Aptitude questions or Programming questions were not encountered.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephonic and face to face to interview, group interview related to design related questions, ASIC, IP, FPGA, Design, Verification, coverage, regression, integration and interface and bus design, critical issues on soc design.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had one on campus interview with two people from Intel Corporate Accounting. Two people came to campus and asked me behavioral quesions about how i reacted when put into several different types of situations, and what i learned.

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I was referred by an inside person. There were totally 5 rounds(last round was a formality with manager). They gave ample amount of time. A few times I forgot how a particular block works and asked them functionality. They smiled and answered my questions.

Interview Questions

• R1: Design Full adder with two half adders? Explain one sorting Algorithm? Describe few test cases you would write for testing 32*8 k FIFo? Design AND and OR gates using 2:1 MUX? The Difference between implementation of Level sensitive and Edge Sensitive sequential circuits? Define State Machines? Design counter in Verilog? and Few puzzles

R2: Questions on previous Job project? Few real life application puzzles like how traffic signals function (i.e logic to decide the status of a signal)? Few general puzzles?(use minimum functionality to design mathematical models) Which gate is used to compare two similar signals? - XOR gate. Verilog code was given draw signals at various time intervals? Fork and Join_any, Join_None, Join_All implementation?

R3(Toughest Round): Design FIFO in Verilog? Design Timer block in Verilog? Explain FSM signal? Design any model of FSM? Mealey V/S Moore Machine? Design a Mealey machine in Verilog? The Difference between Reg and Net in Verilog? Two initial blocks executed at a time? Default values of Reg, Wire?

R4(OOPS - I worked as software developer): Various principles of OOPS? Implement Inheritance? Implement Polymorphism? Pass by reference in Java? Difference between Malloc and Calloc? Garbage Collector in Java? Virtual(Abstract in Java) Classes? Use of Static modifier? How different variables are stored in Memory? Accessibility modifiers - public, default, protected, private?

R5: A System was given and functionality explained, then asked to write test cases(basic and corner cases)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was simple. It conducted a written test which had three sections , section A consist of aptitude question, section B consisted of c/c++ and section C general.
    Overall the questions were average. You can crack it if you have good basics in C/C++. The aptitude was kind of above avg questions.

IC2 R & D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of interview, its bit tough. but one can clear that with little difficulty. it was a good panel asked a lot of relevant questions. So one need to on his toes before attending to this comp.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

There were 7 candidates shortlisted for the interview. It started with a question paper containing 20 questions(subjective) to be solved in an hour. After one hour the two team leads called everyone individually. They began with the person who performed well in the test. The interviewer's mainly focused on the question paper during the interview. Finally they shortlisted 2 candidates from the interview, who went to meet the manager, rest of us were sent home. One candidate(my friend) got selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic Digital Electronics, Timing Analysis, Circuits with NMOS(find Vout) and PMOS NMOS both, Edge detector circuit, Frequency divider/doubler circuit, CMOS Inverter based questions, Your project work(PG/UG)   Answer Question

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

7-8 rounds 1 to 1 discussions.
     All are simple and basics questions. Interviewrs were helpful.
    clock mix,gating questions were asked.
    You need very good basics of rtl design,
    Timing ,synthesis, cdc,resets,etc.
    good concepts about setup hold
    good concepts for cdc.
    you may need to answer questions on some design problem.

Interview Questions

• you may need to answer questions on some design problem.   Answer Question

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was more into Digital Design and verilog. The interviewer asked me some scripting questions related to Perl. Some questions were related to VLSI, power issues. I was asked whether I was familiar with PrimeTime and other EDA tools