Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions

3.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

talked about my projects
asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

One day interview, several engineers, 45m-1hr each

Interview Questions

• What is mean time before failure   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview then Individual Interview with the team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a head hunter, who found my resume at some online portal(don't know where exactly). He sent my resume to the hiring manager, who liked it and scheduled a phone interview. Basic questions from my resume, job experience, PERL questions(data structures mostly), UNIX questions, design management tool experience were asked. It was a IT position, along with CAD, vlsi design experience,with design sync server experience. Then I went in for an onsite, which was scheduled for 1 day, but the panel liked my resume for another CAD position, so they let me stay over for another day for the CAD interview.

Panel interview for 2 consecutive days was extremely exhaustive. But overall it went good.

I had 6 rounds on DAY 1. Each person asked me 1 common question: about how to set up a CAD project, using design Sync server in a multi-site environment? I assume they have this issue going on, and need someone to work on that.
    Simulation related - Spectre, Spice, Ultrasim
    Customer related- how would you approach if someone comes and tells u, that his design is not working, and does not give you any more information?
    parasitic extraction -> how does the Assura engine work?
    perl, TCL scripting -> What have you done?
    Draw the cross sectional view of a CMOS

Detailed questions from my resume

Interview Questions

• CAD tools related questions, design, simulation, front and back end tools   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arizona City, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Arizona City, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Had 4 - 5 1:1: interview with the engineering team. Fundamental questions in engineering. Circuit design/Device level as i was shooting for layout engineering position. Everyone seemed to like working for broadcomm.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of a talk and a test. I did not pass the test so there was no second interview. If I had passed the second interview and test, I would have been flown to California for a third and final interview before a decision was made about whether to hire me or not. If I had been offered the job, I would have been forced to work a six-day week.

Interview Questions

• Why is common collector configuration not used for amplifier?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2011.

Interview

first phone interview, two weeks later onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Name and describe the 3 modes of operation of a transistor   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in January 2011.

Interview

Got a phone call inviting me for an interview. Office looked great, nice people. A 1:1 interview in which I was asked basic logic design questions and personal questions. Was asked about projects I have done, courses taken and general interest.

Interview Questions

• Plan a logical design which gets a single read/write bit every clock cycle, and a number. The design should store the histogram of the written input, and display it on a read command.   1 Answer
    • What problem might occur?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom in June 2010.

Interview

phone interview about three or four persons
    on site interview, about 6 persons.