Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions

3.4

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Interview

I was selected on a campus recruitment, where they took a test based on an undergrad course of basic knowledge and then tool 2 phases of interview

Interview Questions

• They asked about some leakage current in PMOS, what may be the possible causes and how to prevent   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom in May 2009.

Interview

Test on my understanding on basic circuit structure and theories.
    Typical questions on circuit transfer functions, noise, distortion (linearity), design choice and rational, frequency compensation (different approaches to stabilizing a two-pole system).
    Test for my arguments for choosing a particular circuit topology.
    Ask my previous project experiences, including the motivation and features of different projects.

Interview Questions

• How to improve the linearity of the common source amplifier?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

talked about my projects
    asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arizona City, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Arizona City, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

Had 4 - 5 1:1: interview with the engineering team. Fundamental questions in engineering. Circuit design/Device level as i was shooting for layout engineering position. Everyone seemed to like working for broadcomm.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview then Individual Interview with the team

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in November 2009.

Interview

Phone screen than in person interview with 5 people.
    People were professional and courteous.

Negotiation

The initial offer was take it or leave it which it was not.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2011.

Interview

first phone interview, two weeks later onsite interview

Interview Questions

• Name and describe the 3 modes of operation of a transistor   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

frankly speaking; I did not have any technical interview because the hiring manager know well about my background in the industry. we just had a quick talk and was shown around in the office. two days later I got the offer and I singed it after two days.

Interview Questions

• how if this office closed and you need to move, is that OK?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in January 2011.

Interview

Got a phone call inviting me for an interview. Office looked great, nice people. A 1:1 interview in which I was asked basic logic design questions and personal questions. Was asked about projects I have done, courses taken and general interest.

Interview Questions

• Plan a logical design which gets a single read/write bit every clock cycle, and a number. The design should store the histogram of the written input, and display it on a read command.   1 Answer
    • What problem might occur?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in August 2011.

Interview

The phone interview took an hour on a Saturday and we have subsequently set up in-house interview the following week. There were 5 rounds of interviews, each with 1 to 2 interviewers. Most questions were focus on the technical know-hows and experience in solving design questions. The work culture appears to be very chaotic and unorganized. However, there seems to be room for the company to grow.

Interview Questions

• How do you diagnose a set-up violation on silicon using scan?   Answer Question
    • What are the pros and cons of the following logic test methodologies: at-speed scan with LOC and LOS, path-delay testing, n-detect testing, iddq testing, topology based testing and LBIST.   Answer Question