Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions

3.4

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

two rounds of written test and after that three rounds of inyterview two rounds of written test and after that three rounds of inyterviewtwo rounds of written test and after that three rounds of inyterview

Interview Questions

• baisc questions on digital electronics and analog didgital vlsi design baisc questions on digital electronics and analog didgital vlsi designbaisc questions on digital electronics and analog didgital vlsi design   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Formal technical interview. Primarily from data structures, linux and programming. Took about one hour. If prepared, it can be easy to average. Described about the kind of work and work culture here. Questions from C pointers were majority of the questions. Linux command and how to use them in various scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Formal technical interview. Primarily from data structures, linux and programming. Took about one hour. If prepared, it can be easy to average.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview at RMI, which was acquired by Netlogic and then by Broadcom, was so professional.
    I can not forget at all as that was so great experience. I was able to answer all questions so much of easy as the interviewers made the environment so cool. great job!

Interview Questions

• C++, Data Structures and basics of Logic design.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

One day interview, several engineers, 45m-1hr each

Interview Questions

• What is mean time before failure   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

1:1 interview

Interview Questions

• lot circuits and vlsi related question , c ,aps   1 Answer

Negotiation

fixed salary

Engineer Interview

Interview

I was selected on a campus recruitment, where they took a test based on an undergrad course of basic knowledge and then tool 2 phases of interview

Interview Questions

• They asked about some leakage current in PMOS, what may be the possible causes and how to prevent   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Thourough and exhaustive. Folks were very knowledgeable in all aspects of the job requirement fields and one has to be thorough and well prepared to address deep and detailed questions and and answer questions in what-if scenarios. Many process based questions as well to ensure one will fit well within the organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

During the phone interview, I talked for 1 hour with the group leader. He mainly asked me questions about concepts of operating systems and C programming, e.g., what is static variable in C, what is auto variable, what is race condition and what is the difference between process and thread, and the like.
    I was informed to take the on-site in roughly two days after that.
    During the on-site interview process, I was interviewed by four people. Questions include operations on linked list, embedded system, how a process is functioning, how to test a segment of memory using C and some questions related to my resume, mainly about my past education and working experience.
    The office and work culture look pretty nice. Suggestions to other candidates would be to familiar with operating system concepts and details of using C, especially when you ask for a firmware design or test engineer which is more related to hardware level.

Interview Questions

• Using C programming language, how would you test the memory bitcells of a certain segment given to you?   1 Answer
    • How to insert and delete an element in a linked list?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in August 2011.

Interview

The phone interview took an hour on a Saturday and we have subsequently set up in-house interview the following week. There were 5 rounds of interviews, each with 1 to 2 interviewers. Most questions were focus on the technical know-hows and experience in solving design questions. The work culture appears to be very chaotic and unorganized. However, there seems to be room for the company to grow.

Interview Questions

• How do you diagnose a set-up violation on silicon using scan?   Answer Question
    • What are the pros and cons of the following logic test methodologies: at-speed scan with LOC and LOS, path-delay testing, n-detect testing, iddq testing, topology based testing and LBIST.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in January 2011.

Interview

Got a phone call inviting me for an interview. Office looked great, nice people. A 1:1 interview in which I was asked basic logic design questions and personal questions. Was asked about projects I have done, courses taken and general interest.

Interview Questions

• Plan a logical design which gets a single read/write bit every clock cycle, and a number. The design should store the histogram of the written input, and display it on a read command.   1 Answer
    • What problem might occur?   1 Answer