Broadcom IC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

3.4

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Broadcom (New York, NY).

Interview

Presentation, 5 technical sections. Digital, analog, basic transistor theory, transfer functions. Had a behavioral interview with the manager. The interview lasted from 9am to 5pm. Was a good informative experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers, 5 IC Design Engineers. Total 7 people
    The interview process took the whole day from 10AM to 4:30 PM. One manager took me for lunch after his interview session and then I came back for next round.

Interview Questions

• -High/low pass filter passive and active design and frequency domain
      -What is PLL and draw the diagram, graph, and explanations
      -Draw the logic circuit diagram for Half/full adder
      -Draw circuit to divide a clock into two
      -How to debug on coding based on memory address/content info.
      -Calculate voltage from a circuit
      -Transmission line and its resistance related question.
      -Embedded board power failure trouble shooting
      -Algorithms questions for binary search tree and other questions.
      Basically to write down your thoughts on a white board and explain the result/thinking process.   Answer Question

Engineer, IC Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

This was through campus recruitment. Had two rounds of interviews, mostly technical. I was asked questions on my final year project which was quite different from the role I was applying for.

The interviewers were very friendly and I ended up working under one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about detecting a pattern, DMA and Computer Architecture. Few questions were also asked about timing analysis, detecting critical path and solving for setup and hold violations   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed benefits, no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

got referred by a friend. The Director interviewed on the phone for about an hour. Mostly about school projects and C++ questions. Then there was the onsite interview for about 4 hours. Each interviewer interviewed for about 45 min. Asked questions about FIFO, school projects, C++, Verilog, Perl.

Interview Questions

• Just some C++basics since I had not prepared C++ at all. Arrays and pass by reference and value.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no Negotiation, since it was my first internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview thru linkedin, had one phone interview and than onsite at Irvine. The phone interview was based on resume and few computer architecture questions based on 5 stage pipeline,cache and virtual memory. onsite was based on verilog programming and c++

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. Email me first to schedule a phone interview time.

Engineer IC Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in February 2012.

Interview

Two rounds of technical interview. Each lasted for an hour. Mainly tested on basics in digital design, vlsi concepts and projects. Basics questions like pattern detector using mealey and moore state machines, timing diagram using D flip flops, CMOS concepts, setup and hold violations, clock skew and jitters were tested

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had one on campus interview with two people from Intel Corporate Accounting. Two people came to campus and asked me behavioral quesions about how i reacted when put into several different types of situations, and what i learned.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2015.

Interview

only one round, the interviewers are managers, they are all nice and helpful, give me time to think about the questions.
    they are kind to encourage me to figure out the questions.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was more into Digital Design and verilog. The interviewer asked me some scripting questions related to Perl. Some questions were related to VLSI, power issues. I was asked whether I was familiar with PrimeTime and other EDA tools