Broadcom IC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom IC Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers, 5 IC Design Engineers. Total 7 people
The interview process took the whole day from 10AM to 4:30 PM. One manager took me for lunch after his interview session and then I came back for next round.

Interview Questions

• -High/low pass filter passive and active design and frequency domain
    -What is PLL and draw the diagram, graph, and explanations
    -Draw the logic circuit diagram for Half/full adder
    -Draw circuit to divide a clock into two
    -How to debug on coding based on memory address/content info.
    -Calculate voltage from a circuit
    -Transmission line and its resistance related question.
    -Embedded board power failure trouble shooting
    -Algorithms questions for binary search tree and other questions.
    Basically to write down your thoughts on a white board and explain the result/thinking process.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview thru linkedin, had one phone interview and than onsite at Irvine. The phone interview was based on resume and few computer architecture questions based on 5 stage pipeline,cache and virtual memory. onsite was based on verilog programming and c++

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview. Email me first to schedule a phone interview time.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had one on campus interview with two people from Intel Corporate Accounting. Two people came to campus and asked me behavioral quesions about how i reacted when put into several different types of situations, and what i learned.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First, there was a phone screening interview, which included questions based on resume, computer architecture and memories. The second and third telephonic interview were on computer architecture, mainly focusing on through put , pipe lining , pipe lining hazards, branch prediction ,cache L1,L2 verilog implementation of state machines etc
    The interviewer gave ample time for answering and even had numerical solved

IC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

first round dealt on puzzles,communication,c language and digital design....no negative marking......second round based mostly on dsp and vlsi design....time factor is great difficulty in first round.......

IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in January 2011.

Interview

Interesting questions. Involved IC design and digital logic/flip flop questions. Was also asked few puzzles

Interview Questions

• What is setup time and hold time (simple)? Other complicated timing questions were asked   Answer Question

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bunnik (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bunnik (Netherlands)) in May 2013.

Interview

Ik werd geïnterviewd voor een positie als instapniveau analoge IC designingenieur bij het Bunnik kantoor van Broadcom. Het interview duurde een hele dag. Het begon om 10 uur 's ochtends en duurde tot bijna 6 uur 's avonds. In totaal waren er 7 technische rondes en 1 ronde met personeelszaken (allemaal één op één). In het grootste gedeelte van de technische interviews werden mij vragen gesteld over mijn masterscriptie, die ik allemaal heel goed kon beantwoorden en waar ik heel goede opmerkingen over kreeg.

Interview Questions

• Ik denk niet dat er onverwachte of heel moeilijke vragen waren.   Answer Question