Broadcom Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom in November 2014.

Interview

Referred by a friend. And get a phone interview 1 month later. It is a test position. Ask me about projects on my resume. And DTF questions,tcl and so on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

I had 1 interview over the phone and 1 on campus. The interview was very typical like in any other semiconductor company. I spoke to one person in my first interview over the phone, and then i met 3 managers at their main campus. It was actually easy and very straight forward

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by email with basic questions about my availability. Then I was Phone interviewed and asked basic logic question like bitwise operation on numbers. Last was on site interview. It was kind of informal about what I had did early mostly my projects. I was interviewd by my manager and 3 other engineers.

Negotiation

I didn't negotitate

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephonic Round: Manager called and asked about my previous projects and what I was studying in that semester.
    After this I have 3 rounds for about 45 min each
    1st: Manager asked questions related to MySQL, my academic projects and work experience.
    2nd: Questions related to MySQL, Perl (How to fetch data from text files and generate report)
    3rd: Team Lead interviewed me. Questions on Core Java, Data Structures and Algorithms (Basic not in depth), Php and HTML etc. Gave his laptop and asked to write some code for 4-5 questions(includes java, php and HTML,MySQL)

Interview Questions

• 1) Asked to implement a Stack
      2) Asked to pull data from database and represent the data in line graph   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of phone interview, first round with the Principal engineer and second with the Sr. Manager,
    questions were related to ping, traceroute, linux, wireshark, switches and other networking devices.

Interview Questions

• Basic Networking concepts and questions reg, ping, traceroute, wireshark etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed over phone.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

First get an email from the manager and set an 1:1 interview with manager. During the 1:1 interview, the manager asks a few questions, and led a lab tour, and then have lunch together. Then get email from the manager and prepare for onsite interview. The onsite interview last for 4 hours. Interview with several group members.

Interview Questions

• Why measure both the rise and fall transitions of a transistor.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

It took 3 weeks for the process. The HR emailed me for dates and I was told that there would be a technical phone interview on data structures, algorithms. I had two back-to-back one hour technical phone interviews. I was asked to write code for one question and submit it later. I was asked questions on hash map, heaps, computer architecture etc.

Intern Interview

Interview

easy interview.. questions covered basic networking stuff ...np programming questions asked..over all interview process is easy.

Negotiation

negotiated with other offer in hand

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Explanation of keywords from the resume and projects which appear in resume. It was mostly concentrated on way we approach the problem statement. Necessary clues were provided by the interviewer to come up with a solution.

Interview Questions

• setup time and hold time basics, questions on scripting languages, basics of integrated circuit design.   Answer Question