Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers, 5 IC Design Engineers. Total 7 people
    The interview process took the whole day from 10AM to 4:30 PM. One manager took me for lunch after his interview session and then I came back for next round.

Interview Questions

• -High/low pass filter passive and active design and frequency domain
      -What is PLL and draw the diagram, graph, and explanations
      -Draw the logic circuit diagram for Half/full adder
      -Draw circuit to divide a clock into two
      -How to debug on coding based on memory address/content info.
      -Calculate voltage from a circuit
      -Transmission line and its resistance related question.
      -Embedded board power failure trouble shooting
      -Algorithms questions for binary search tree and other questions.
      Basically to write down your thoughts on a white board and explain the result/thinking process.
      Answer Question

Senior Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long and Tough interview process, which took an entire day and talking with 10 different technical engineers, managers, directors, senior directors, and VP of engineering. Part of the interview was phone interview with people from another sites.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions about RTL to gate synthesis, timing closure, and CDC (clock domain crossing).   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

An engineer contacted me over phone and did a brief interview with me. Then I was asked to do on-site interview with three engineers in the team. The interview went for one and a half hours. Result typically comes in 2 to 4 weeks. It was a good experience because the interviewers were nice and showed willingness to know about me.

IC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Asked me about the my academic projects and some technical questions.

Didn't get back to me after the first round. they did not reply anything after the interview. They were not even replying to my mails

It was too rude

Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

I applied the position online in Sept and got the onsite in Oct. The interview is six rounds and they asked questions based on your projects and basic C code questions. Also, some questions are really flexible but over all it is not too hard if you are not nervous.

Engineer, Staff II – Product Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got an in person call to apply online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom San Jose,in October 2015. Interviewed by 5 members one by one. It helped me to know the interviewers expectations. They were looking for a candidate someone who besides having the technical background has the communications skills to help their customers get to production.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not just about the technical round.5 members took the interview one by one. At the end,the manager tested my communication skills. I had to give a presentation of 10 minutes. Overall it was a good experience.   Answer Question

ATE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

1st director
    2nd HR
    3rd lunch interview with two manager
    4th senior engineer technical question
    5th senior engineer technical question
    The most difficult part is having lunch with two managers,you have to answer their questions when eating your lunch, basically I only have a bite and starving in the afternoon. Focus on basic questions and signal processing if you want to interview this position

ASIC Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was all technical. The team was looking for a new college grad with some previous technical experience. The minimum age of experienced person in the team was 3 years. I applied online through the Broadcom website. I was then asked for a phone screening interview.The interview lasted for about an hour.

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom in September 2015.

Interview

I got email from the manager to set up the technical phone interview after I submitted application on webpage. after 5 days, I got 1 hour interview. he introduced his team and asked software and hardware issues. I don't have any experience regarding hardware issues. so I didn't write about it on my resume. it was hard for me to answer them.

Interview Questions

• QPSK VS BPSK pros and cons, IIR VS FIR, PLL operation principle, C coding ability: what kinds of things you can implement?, Verilog experience?   Answer Question

Embedded Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A telephonic round followed by an onsite interview. The onsite round was 2 hours long. Four team members each grilled for 30 minutes.This interview was with the hiring manager and another team member; it was pleasant and enjoyable. They made me feel at ease right away.