Broadcom Staff Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Staff Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

First a phone screening with a few technical questions, then onsite to meet the whole team.
    The interview was very technical but they still asked a few behavioral questions. No questions about the standard just on the fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Basic comm and signal processing questions. Main topics: basic DFT, OFDM, PARR reduction, water filling power curve, MIMO signalling and space time codes.   Answer Question

Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

I applied the position online in Sept and got the onsite in Oct. The interview is six rounds and they asked questions based on your projects and basic C code questions. Also, some questions are really flexible but over all it is not too hard if you are not nervous.

Engineer, Staff II – Product Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got an in person call to apply online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom San Jose,in October 2015. Interviewed by 5 members one by one. It helped me to know the interviewers expectations. They were looking for a candidate someone who besides having the technical background has the communications skills to help their customers get to production.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not just about the technical round.5 members took the interview one by one. At the end,the manager tested my communication skills. I had to give a presentation of 10 minutes. Overall it was a good experience.   Answer Question

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for a phone screen. He went over the resume and ask about the project experience and also describe the skill and experience he is looking for. A few days later, HR contact me for an on-site interview in the Friday. They were nice enough to let me come in to have on-site interview from 4-6:30. The on-site interview were separated into 3 sections and each each section comes 2 interviewers. They started with asking the experience on the resume and then asked a few technical questions. It took them more than a week to give me the offer.

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

i submit the resume online. this is a phone interview: basic question on resume. some technical question and verilog question, not difficult. i have not received the notification about onsite yet.

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (North Andover, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview was based on resume and few general design questions.

During onsite interview mostly they want me to speak more about my projects and few questions on verilog coding, linux cmds and they explained about position responsibilities.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

The interview was very detailed and lengthy. The hiring manager is very sharp but friendly. The HR partner is the most helpful experience. Interviewed with three different groups of engineers and managers.

Interview Questions

• How to build a script to avoid conflict in Windows memory management?   Answer Question

Staff Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

interviewed by test manager and senior test engineers in turn, asked technical question on tester and program development, correlation and production release. Also asked about team work and work pressure handling.

Interview Questions

• technical questions and solution approaches   1 Answer

Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

On site 1 hour interview with a senior engineer
    five days later on site one-on-one interview with 6 different engineers
    mostly about cdc, logic design, design i have worked on, whole design process, STA and gate level issues

Interview Questions

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview out of which one was telephonic. The hiring manager called to understand the current roles n resp and to decide if the candidate is a fit to the team.

Followed by a couple of members of the team, one for testing the domain knowledge and one for techincal