Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bayan Lepas (Malaysia)) in February 2017.

Interview

1st interview by 2 managers and 1 engineer. Interview lasted 1 hour. They asked me to elaborate all my experiences & projects. They gave on the job scenario question and gauge my answers. Not technically deep. 2nd interview by 1 Director for 1 hour. Same question as 1st interview, but I don't have to talk long, he talked more than I do.

Interview Questions

• Supposed you are going to start to do this project, what are the first 3 tasks that you will do?   Answer Question

NPI Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Firstly, I gave an 1 hour presentation to the hiring team and relevant engineers. And then I had several rounds of 1 on 1 interviews back to back. Some questions include behavioral questions, and the rest of them are about my phd work. My phd work is relevant to the job position, so it was okay to answer most of the technical questions.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephonic and face to face to interview, group interview related to design related questions, ASIC, IP, FPGA, Design, Verification, coverage, regression, integration and interface and bus design, critical issues on soc design.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had one on campus interview with two people from Intel Corporate Accounting. Two people came to campus and asked me behavioral quesions about how i reacted when put into several different types of situations, and what i learned.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

She asked me about my knowledge background. Moreover, whether I would or had already planned to go to the graduate school. My interesting facts and what kind of area I am interested in.

Interview Questions

• the knowledge and skills I have for the circuit design.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Broadcom in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the hiring manager to schedule a telephonic discussion. I have been through broadcom process 2-3 times unsuccessfully. My experience is broadcom focuses mostly on C programming irrespective of position and I am not into extensive programming. They usually ignore rest of the experience and focus mainly on coding skills.

Interview Questions

• accessing static variable from outside the file, structure size on ARM processor, write macro to clear bits m to n in a 32 bit integer, what will malloc(0) produce, what is dangling pointer, how realloc works, memcpy vs memove, pointer to array declaration and accessing, what is priority inversion, i2c start & stop condition, i2c multimaster operation, what are ARM modes of operation   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Aptitude round followed by a couple of technical interviews. It was slightly on the tougher side. IT was a very satisfying experience a the technical questions at the interview were very tough . Initially an aptitude test was equally tough

Interview Questions

• A detailed interview of operating systems concepts   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a written test and then 2 hours of interviews by 3 different people. However they were friendly and it was an enjoyable and challenging time talking about circuits

Interview Questions

• Describe a generic control system   1 Answer

Staff Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

First shortlisted with a telephonic interview. This was followed by a whole day of interview with various teams interviewing me. Began with a description of the role and the work the team does, questions on my projects and previous work experience, technical rounds on communication systems, C and some probability.

Engineer, Staff-I, IC Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

I was selected through campus interview.
    They had written test and 2 technical and one HR round.
    There were two panels for technical round.
    The questions were mostly on digital design and VLSI.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not that difficult.
      One of the question they asked
      was to design a traffic light controller.
      Answer Question