Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2017

Senior Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long and Tough interview process, which took an entire day and talking with 10 different technical engineers, managers, directors, senior directors, and VP of engineering. Part of the interview was phone interview with people from another sites.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions about RTL to gate synthesis, timing closure, and CDC (clock domain crossing).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

She asked me about my knowledge background. Moreover, whether I would or had already planned to go to the graduate school. My interesting facts and what kind of area I am interested in.

Interview Questions

• the knowledge and skills I have for the circuit design.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

interview was brief mainly on IRAT , RRC
    INTERVIEW lasted for 45 minutes
    the mananger clearly pointed to the job roles
    also full time conversion is not possible at this location
    Explain layer 2 and layer 3 in detail

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Started off with phone screen with the recruiter. After that, I got a call from the manager of the prospective team. I then proceeded to meet the rest of the team and answer their questions.

Interview Questions

• Just general circuits questions and one software question   Answer Question

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply from external 3rd party hiring company (Manpower), first interviewed by Manpower and if all goes well, they will send you to a panel interview (5-6 people) at the company itself.

Interview Questions

• Describe your ability to multitask.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

An engineer contacted me over phone and did a brief interview with me. Then I was asked to do on-site interview with three engineers in the team. The interview went for one and a half hours. Result typically comes in 2 to 4 weeks. It was a good experience because the interviewers were nice and showed willingness to know about me.

IC Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Asked me about the my academic projects and some technical questions.

Didn't get back to me after the first round. they did not reply anything after the interview. They were not even replying to my mails

It was too rude

Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

I applied the position online in Sept and got the onsite in Oct. The interview is six rounds and they asked questions based on your projects and basic C code questions. Also, some questions are really flexible but over all it is not too hard if you are not nervous.

RF DVT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA).

Interview

It was easy going. There were about 5 interviewers and they pretty much all asked technical questions. This was my junior year so they asked relevant but not super hard questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you code the solution to this problem in a language that you are familiar with?
      What is the power consumption given some parameters.   Answer Question

Engineer, Staff II – Product Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got an in person call to apply online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom San Jose,in October 2015. Interviewed by 5 members one by one. It helped me to know the interviewers expectations. They were looking for a candidate someone who besides having the technical background has the communications skills to help their customers get to production.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not just about the technical round.5 members took the interview one by one. At the end,the manager tested my communication skills. I had to give a presentation of 10 minutes. Overall it was a good experience.   Answer Question