Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

Principal IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Good, these people know exactly what they are doing. Questions were mostly about current work done and how contribution can be made to the new group. Went in a lot of technical details as well. Also helped knowing about the tools/flows that are used.

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

HR call to confirm the skill, one by one exactly the same from website.
    After asking the question, checking the background and also visa status.
    And then explain the HR recruit process and to do and dont do rule.
    HR is nice and it was the very comfortable conversation. However, 90% skill comply to the website would lead you to next stage as HR descripe

IC Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 phone screenings each lasting about 30 minutes in a span of 2 weeks followed by onsite (an hour and half). The whole thing from first invite for interview till getting a decision took a solid one month with some nagging from my side.

Interview Questions

• Resume review, Scripting, Verilog, C, Cache coherence, more scripting, logic design, aptitude and other coursework related stuff   Answer Question

Field Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had 40 minutes interview with my hiring manager. I guess you can say I lucked out. I applied online after receiving an email about an open position. The description of the position was daunting, but the actual job wasn't all that technical. After replying to the email and applying online, I had on-site interview with the hiring manager. He was cool and he tried to make me feel comfortable, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Just asked for technical details about stuff on my resume.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Took 4 weeks to hear back from them. First had a screening interview with HR recruiter and then set up another phone interview with the Hiring Manager and then I had an interview with the Finance team I would be working under. Interviewed with 4 people but overall easy to average interview.

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (North Andover, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview was based on resume and few general design questions.

During onsite interview mostly they want me to speak more about my projects and few questions on verilog coding, linux cmds and they explained about position responsibilities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

First the interviewer gave me several fundamental questions about analog circuit, e.g. how to determine the small signal gain of a common source stage. Then he went through my project in my CV and asked me some related questions.

Interview Questions

• How to solve the convergence problem of PSS simulation?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Interview

I applied the summer intern position. They contact me after 2 weeks. The first interview is technical interview. it's about 30 minutes. Technical interview is not very hard, they just ask some basic knowledge about hardware design and communication system.

Interview Questions

• basic concepts about communication system, interface, RF circuit.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, 20 minutes, first introduce work of the group,make sure you are interested in the circuit. and then ask some basic questions about the analog circuit , RF circuit ask you how to analysis them.The process is quick.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was to the point. Covered most everything on your resume and what they are looking for in the position and what are your weakest points and how do you overcome them.