Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

Software Quality Assurance (Summer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2015.

Interview

They reached out to me to setup an interview after I applied online.
    The interview was conducted by two, leader of Software Quality Assurance team and a new member of the team. Interview lasted for 1 hour. It was fairly straightforward, with most questions about my resume. The team leader asked some basic theoretical questions and approaches to unit testing and corner cases.

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Andover, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed at Broadcom's Andover office in MA. It was scheduled for 1 hour with two 30-minute sessions with 2 different people. In the first session with the team lead, I was asked to introduce myself, and I explained everything I had done. He went through my work ex as I had worked before. He asked about my academic projects and told me to explain any 1 in detail.

It was like a discussion and never seemed to be an actual interview.

TechMasters Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 1 hour phone interview. Interviewer was friendly. Interview was purely technical, no behavioral questions were asked. After 1 week of interview, i received the internship offer.

RF Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2015.

Interview

One to one phone interview, got the phone interview after college job fair, and lasts nearly 45 mins. Mainly be asked about some resume questions, and RF NF calculations on spectrum analyzer and attenuator, which I couldn't work them out.

Interview Questions

• Q:some resume related questions, and caculation of NF with specifications on spectrum analyzer and attenuator   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

All about the resume and RF basics more about S- parameters, Amplifier Design, Transmission lines, PCB. and I was interview by 5 people each of 45 minutes. And I see all questions are easy to answer and i answered clearly with examples.

Interview Questions

• S- parameters, Amplifier Design, Transmission lines, PCB.   1 Answer

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was multi stage process. First Recruiter called and informed about the Job requirement. He submitted my resume upon my interest to Manager. Later Manger called and enquired about my job skill set with my previous job and asked about my interest and reasons for looking new job. He then scheduled interview with his team.

Interview Questions

• Reason for job change   1 Answer
    • Job responsibilities in previous job   1 Answer

ASIC Verification Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

One Telephonic Interview. I had an experience in ASIC Verification. So they only asked about my UVM Background. It was easy and got the offer at once. One can expect basic logic design questions and basics of Verilog

IC Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

phone interview followed by webex interview. asked basic questions regarding set up and hold times, designing borrow look ahead subtractor, propogate and generate terms, low power design methods, probability and critical thinking

Interview Questions

• basic questions from digital system design and probability   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied Online
    After 3 weeks - got a call to schedule the interview
    2 Hours (4 X 30 mins) interview with members of different teams. -> Completely exhausting
    Waiting for the final decision

Interview Questions

• HR:-
      Tell me about yourself
      Projects
      Why did you choose Broadcom?
      How do you handle multiple responsibilities?
      What about your experiences makes you fit for this position?
      What s your Cumulative GPA

Technical:-
      Questions about Networks
      Questions about C
      Questions about object oriented programming   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Role - Intern QA/ Software engineer for WLAN group
    One phone interview, followed by three onsite interviews on the same day. Each interview was close to 30 mins. One round was related to QA testing and process related, one round was related to wireless network problems and solutions. One round was coding related