Broadcom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Durham, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Role - Intern QA/ Software engineer for WLAN group
    One phone interview, followed by three onsite interviews on the same day. Each interview was close to 30 mins. One round was related to QA testing and process related, one round was related to wireless network problems and solutions. One round was coding related

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Manager scheduled a 45 mins phone interview when he got my resume. Followed by two separate 45 mins phone interview held by engineers in that group. Just went through my projects on the resume, and asked some basic questions based on my experience. They asked very detailed stuff to make sure you understand what is happening in your projects. All of them are very nice and kind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation cause this is an intern.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

The interview was very detailed and lengthy. The hiring manager is very sharp but friendly. The HR partner is the most helpful experience. Interviewed with three different groups of engineers and managers.

Interview Questions

• How to build a script to avoid conflict in Windows memory management?   Answer Question

Staff Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

interviewed by test manager and senior test engineers in turn, asked technical question on tester and program development, correlation and production release. Also asked about team work and work pressure handling.

Interview Questions

• technical questions and solution approaches   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR after applying on company website. I had an initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Was contacted a day later and invited for an on site interview.

I interviewed with a total of 8 people including the hiring manager. Each interviewer focused on a particular skill set or body of knowledge. There were no trick questions or gotchas.

I was told at the interview that hiring decisions had to be unanimous. Recruiter contacted me a week later with offer

Interview Questions

• Explain the phenomenom of Doppler.

Advantages and disadvantages of spread spectrum communications

Is it possible to design a communication system with zero probability of error and if so what would the trade-off.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly straightfoward. Much better salary than I expected

Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

On site 1 hour interview with a senior engineer
    five days later on site one-on-one interview with 6 different engineers
    mostly about cdc, logic design, design i have worked on, whole design process, STA and gate level issues

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was so easy. I had 3 people interview me and they were all informal. We talked about my technical skills and personal projects. After the interview knew that i was more than able to do the work, the interview became a lot less formal. Be Confident and talk about the work that you have worked on on your own. They like to hear this.

QA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Andover, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Was a phone call by hiring manager for a technical screen and then an on site interview that lasted about an hour. During which time I met with the on site QA lead and the other QA engineer and was also showed around the facilities.

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

Initially received an email to schedule a phone interview, i was interviewed by the manager for 30 min. Two days later i received an email for face to face. three 1:1 interviews by Manager, supervisor, and Technical head. Interview was smooth, most of the questions were related to my resume. They explained me about the project they were working currently. They showed me their lab and work space where i will be working if i was recruited. Received the response for interview after a week.

Interview Questions

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview out of which one was telephonic. The hiring manager called to understand the current roles n resp and to decide if the candidate is a fit to the team.

Followed by a couple of members of the team, one for testing the domain knowledge and one for techincal