Broadcom Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions in Irvine, CA

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Business Systems Analyst, Senior Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with a hiring manager, and two on-site interviews. The on-site interviews consisted of meeting with the hiring manager, HR manager, senior manager, team member, director of the team you may work with, and the senior director of the team. I also met with a manager of a team that I may be interacting with. Mainly all behavioral questions, and situational questions based on the problems they are trying to solve at the very moment of the interview. Broadcom hires very smart people, and the process reflect the level of effort to continue to do just that.

Interview Questions

• What are the metrics you would propose given the situation laid out here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating but was denied. The compensation offered was already very high so I was happy to take the offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First the phone screen which is about whether I can work at this time and how long can I work one week. Then the first on site interview, 1:1 with the hiring manager, we had a lunch together and he gave me some easy questions. 1 week later, I got another interview from his teammates, which took 4 hours, it is all about my resume and some practical questions.

Staff DSP IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone by team manager. First he described his team's job and goals, and then ask me if I had any questions related to the work.Then he asked some standard technical questions, only circuit related questions are setup and hold time. Most are DSP questions like difference between FIR and IIR, Nyquist frequency, aliasing etc. Last about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Thought it would be mostly circuit related questions but instead it was heavy on DSP. Questions are basic, was able to answer most of them.   Answer Question

Power Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

After the short phone interview, I got on-site interview opportunity. I met four engineers. It took 50 min each. After the 4 hour interview, the hiring manager and the director came to the conference room where I was and then we went out to have a lunch. The director payed for the lunch and we had a joyful time. But the result was not good...

Interview Questions

• One of interviews did not ask many question but only couple of questions that were very simple. The thing was that he would not want to talk with me for a long time. It seams like he felt annoying of this interview.   Answer Question

I am not sure....

DVT Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview for the Interns are not difficult. There are three interviewer. The manager and two engineers in that group. It took about three hours. The technical questions are basic, about RC circuits and signal processing, and also a couple of very basic programming questions. The manager asked some behavior questions. They prefer long-term interns.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer drew a simple RC circuit, then applied voltage on some components, asked you to draw the current curve.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

phone interview then onsite. I applied the position last May. Then the manager called me and asked some basic questions about my study. Most of the interview, I introduced myself. Then a week passed, the manager asked me onsite interview. Three people interviewed me. They were pretty nice.

Senior Staff IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met about 8 people, most of the questions were fairly straight forward. Be prepared to go through and explain what you have listed in your resume. There were some questions on Nyquist sampling and what you see at the output when the Nyquist sampling is violated.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a common source amplifier with degeneration, what is the gain with and without the degeneration resistor. For the second part of the same question the drain and the gate were tied together.   Answer Question

Communication Systems Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from hiring manager in 2 days. Set up telephonic interview the next day. I received email the same day asking my availability for onsite interview. Went onsite and was interviewed by 4 ppl (including lunch interview).

Hotel and travel arrangements were good. All the people I met were very friendly. Lunch interview was mostly non-technical and looked like behavioral testing.

Basics of communication system - Mainly concentrated on receiver section (synchronization, equalizer).
    OFDM, CP, Fading, HP filter, C code for FIR filter and other questions based on projects in resume.

My interview went very well. Unexpected was a reject email after 2 weeks.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

First get an email from the manager and set an 1:1 interview with manager. During the 1:1 interview, the manager asks a few questions, and led a lab tour, and then have lunch together. Then get email from the manager and prepare for onsite interview. The onsite interview last for 4 hours. Interview with several group members.

Interview Questions

• Why measure both the rise and fall transitions of a transistor.   1 Answer

Engineer, Staff I Software Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter first. After that, on site interviewer with six people. Spent about 30 minutes to an hour talking to each person.

Interview Questions

• I received a couple of unexpected questions that were tangents off of some work I had on my resume. I know you should always be prepared for questions about your resume but they asked some implementation details for projects that were fairly old that I had difficulty remembering.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.