Broadcom Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Marketing Manager Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter at the company who set a phone interview with the hiring manager. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and he briefly discussed the position and the objectives of the department. Then after this very "brief" overview asked what marketing strategies would I implement. How can someone put together marketing strategies without the proper data or research? The hiring manager then requested I give it more thought and email him with ideas for marketing strategies. I was hesitant to put my time and effort into a project with no upside and for all I know maybe he was only inteviewing candidates to find one who would actually put together a marketing plan without the compensation.

So, I did put together some ideas of the benefits and concerns of the target markets without actual marketing strategies. I email this to the hiring manager along with an explaination that this type of request reguires research/time. I never heard from him again - no reply. So I happy to know I didn't waste my time with a fruitless request.

I would think anyone any type of marketing expertise would not make such a request! Overall impression of the interview process is way less than stellar.

Interview Questions

• Now that you understand what the position entails, what marketing strategies would you implement?   Answer Question