Broadcom Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

One on one with team members that asked relevant technical questions. Nothing out of the ordinary, no curve balls or brain teasers. Just questions to establish your skills on technical level and to establish your abilities to work effectively with the team.

Interview Questions

• The knowledge about specific technologies such as Linux, ARM, Android, debugging. A few programming questions to determine coding style and communication.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Disclosed current salary and HR matched it. Short and sweet.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I found this position through the job agency. I had three rounds of phone interview then in-person interview. It was a group person for on-site interviewing. They were my direct reporting, co-workers, the director and other stakeholders. It took 3 hours. The interview was not very difficult and more like introduced what I did, what I accomplished and what was the most challenge I had in the past.

Interview Questions

• How will you fit into the team? What your most recent project in your current position?   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom in March 2013.

Interview

Referred by a friend and get recruiter within a week. mostly C/C++ questions like array of function pointers, return of (p++) etc. One algorithm question asked was "write a function to reverse a string".

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Technical phone screen . If qualified on site interview . Interviewed by 5-6 people from couple of teams. Technical questions as well as white boarding. If all the interviewers have positive response then you need to provide 3 references . After that they will present you with verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) Embedded system concepts
      2) Linux kernel Internals
      3) C data structure and algorithm questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview then different face to face interviews with group members. It was all 1 on 1 interview. Then was offered.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

First a simple phone screen, no much technical stuff. And then an on-site interview, maybe around 4-5 people. All technical questions. Most questions related to your resume. After that, 2-3 weeks, you should hear the result.

Interview Questions

• How many different memory allocators in linux kernel? Describe them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Very Professional, Excellent HR process.

Interview was mainly focused on Domain knowledge. Some basic programming questions on linked list and binary trees.

Interview response was very prompt.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

laid back and candid. I appreciated the honesty and openness from the fellow engineers and management. My boss was intent on making sure my family was first and that work life balance remained central to my career.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell us about Broadcom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of writing programs in C -for string sorting , factorial, basic logic questions

Interview Questions

• Given a string and one storage variable how do you swap positions of the word?   Answer Question
    • Write a program to find factorial of a number   Answer Question