Broadcom Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Dec 18, 2016

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two managers, 5 IC Design Engineers. Total 7 people
    The interview process took the whole day from 10AM to 4:30 PM. One manager took me for lunch after his interview session and then I came back for next round.

Interview Questions

• -High/low pass filter passive and active design and frequency domain
      -What is PLL and draw the diagram, graph, and explanations
      -Draw the logic circuit diagram for Half/full adder
      -Draw circuit to divide a clock into two
      -How to debug on coding based on memory address/content info.
      -Calculate voltage from a circuit
      -Transmission line and its resistance related question.
      -Embedded board power failure trouble shooting
      -Algorithms questions for binary search tree and other questions.
      Basically to write down your thoughts on a white board and explain the result/thinking process.
      Answer Question

Senior Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Long and Tough interview process, which took an entire day and talking with 10 different technical engineers, managers, directors, senior directors, and VP of engineering. Part of the interview was phone interview with people from another sites.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions about RTL to gate synthesis, timing closure, and CDC (clock domain crossing).   1 Answer

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called me for a phone screen. He went over the resume and ask about the project experience and also describe the skill and experience he is looking for. A few days later, HR contact me for an on-site interview in the Friday. They were nice enough to let me come in to have on-site interview from 4-6:30. The on-site interview were separated into 3 sections and each each section comes 2 interviewers. They started with asking the experience on the resume and then asked a few technical questions. It took them more than a week to give me the offer.

Principal IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Good, these people know exactly what they are doing. Questions were mostly about current work done and how contribution can be made to the new group. Went in a lot of technical details as well. Also helped knowing about the tools/flows that are used.

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was multi stage process. First Recruiter called and informed about the Job requirement. He submitted my resume upon my interest to Manager. Later Manger called and enquired about my job skill set with my previous job and asked about my interest and reasons for looking new job. He then scheduled interview with his team.

Interview Questions

• Reason for job change   1 Answer
    • Job responsibilities in previous job   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Interview

The recruiter did first a phone screening. The hiring manager conducted another phone interview.
    After that invited to talk to 3-4 people from different groups. Sales, marketing and application.
    Last stage was a one on one interview with the hiring manager's super visor.

Hardware Development Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview. It was about a 30 mins brief interview. The hiring manager asked me about my previous work experience. If I have experience with devices like Oscilloscope, Signal generators etc.

Interview Questions

• Testing experience at previous company. Experience with testing tools, devices like Oscilloscope, Signal generator etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Telephonic Round: Manager called and asked about my previous projects and what I was studying in that semester.
    After this I have 3 rounds for about 45 min each
    1st: Manager asked questions related to MySQL, my academic projects and work experience.
    2nd: Questions related to MySQL, Perl (How to fetch data from text files and generate report)
    3rd: Team Lead interviewed me. Questions on Core Java, Data Structures and Algorithms (Basic not in depth), Php and HTML etc. Gave his laptop and asked to write some code for 4-5 questions(includes java, php and HTML,MySQL)

Interview Questions

• 1) Asked to implement a Stack
      2) Asked to pull data from database and represent the data in line graph
      1 Answer

Staff II IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

1 hour phone interview
    1 full day of interviews of 45-60 minutes.
    both interviews were about professional technical stuff.
    everybody were very nice, introduced themselves,and spoke about that they are doing.
    The day interview was extremely grueling , you are interviewed by a lot of engineers, some of the questions tend to repeat them self.
    All interviewers were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions

• one of the interviewers got really detailed about system verilog constrained randomization process   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer was a set number, but the signup bonus could be negotiated. and i got extra.

IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

got referred by a friend. The Director interviewed on the phone for about an hour. Mostly about school projects and C++ questions. Then there was the onsite interview for about 4 hours. Each interviewer interviewed for about 45 min. Asked questions about FIFO, school projects, C++, Verilog, Perl.

Interview Questions

• Just some C++basics since I had not prepared C++ at all. Arrays and pass by reference and value.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no Negotiation, since it was my first internship