Broadcom Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.7

Software Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Had initial phone screen back in June 2007. This was for their MPS division which works on cellular chipsets i.e. GSM/UMTS. Was invited to onsite interview. Had 4-5 interviews, all technical in nature. There was a written test as well with C programming questions. Was asked general questions about UMTS technology. Received offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How does the debugger work when setting a break point if it's a multi processor environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Diego, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The position was in DSP group. Here are the questions
    1. Difference between FIR and IIR filters
    2. How to tell if an IIR filter is stable given a system's transfer function
    3. Noise suppression, signal fidelity
    4. DSP processor architectureb
    5. GIven a C cross compilable code, Do you expect any difference in the output of ARM and DSP. Why

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

First contact may well be from the hiring manager over the phone Technical level will vary from caller to caller but most managers are quite technical. The next step is on-site with your prospective colleagues. You may or may not be asked to code. I had mostly knowledge-based questions but you might be asked more about code. Remember that this is a deeply embedded software product so brush up on your OS fundamentals and computer architecture.

Interview Questions

• Compare and contrast: Semaphore versus Mutex.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I felt that it was generous offer and took it. Negotiate around equity and responsibility/job grade.