Broadcom Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Broadcom Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online in May, and I got a response in June.
    Broadcom first scheduled a phone interview with me.
    During the phone interview, there is no coding or shared documents stuff, just talking. The interviewer asked about some main concepts of 802.11 protocol.
    After the phone interview, Broadcom scheduled an onsite interview with me.
    The onsite interview starts in the morning and end in the afternoon.
    I talked with many people, and each of them takes 45 mins.
    The result of the interview comes out a month later.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Interview was casual and not very formal. I talked to 6 engineers and the manager. They did not ask a lot of technical questions but wanted to understand my working style. They focus more upon the teamwork spirits and the problem solving capability instead of the real technical details.

Interview Questions

• Some C++ details which I had a disagreement with one of the interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had a phone conversation with the recruiter and that settle it. I did not ask too much.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Process took two weeks
    phone interview tested the basics of networking
    Onsite interviews tested my networking and programming skills along with my linux skills
    Interview was good. 4 rounds of interview and took thirty - fourty minutes each

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

They interviewed me and then never bothered to email or call me either way. I did not appreciate that. I made alot of effort to prepare and attend interview and traveled far to attend it, and felt the interview went well, so to not have heard from them in ANY way whatsoever afterwards was a mild annoyance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. ARM, Linux device drivers, white board coding.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR was straight forward. They were very nice and respectful.
    2. In person interview with several of the employees including manager and director of the team. I had a few one on one interview with individuals from the team and there were some with more than one person. The total interview lasted around 1.5 hours. The team was very friendly and not intimidating. It was obvious they were just searching for the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of team oriented questions and how I would work with other individuals.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the price since I was a recent grad.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Intern Position. Hired to Mobile and Wireless Group. Was asked about Bluetooth technologies, 802.11, etc.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The interview was in 2004 when the Broadcom culture was much better. It was more of a panel interview, and a "get to know" your personality and skills. A human factor was important. I can imagine the new hires may be only knowledge based, and not so much with having a good personality.

Interview Questions

• I was given a riddle to solve by one of the Senior Engineers. He had me stomped for quite some time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Broadcom will probably try to low ball you at first, so try to negotiate. Especially if you are currently employed.

RF Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very professional. Interviewed with at least 6 people - very through technical review

Interview Questions

• Very detail questions got to know your stuff well. Phase noise requirements in WCDMA   2 Answers

LTE Mobile Test Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of technical Interview over phone.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience that help in performing the assigned tasks.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Technical phone screen . If qualified on site interview . Interviewed by 5-6 people from couple of teams. Technical questions as well as white boarding. If all the interviewers have positive response then you need to provide 3 references . After that they will present you with verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) Embedded system concepts
      2) Linux kernel Internals