Broadcom Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The interview was in 2004 when the Broadcom culture was much better. It was more of a panel interview, and a "get to know" your personality and skills. A human factor was important. I can imagine the new hires may be only knowledge based, and not so much with having a good personality.

Interview Questions

• I was given a riddle to solve by one of the Senior Engineers. He had me stomped for quite some time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Broadcom will probably try to low ball you at first, so try to negotiate. Especially if you are currently employed.

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom in January 2013.

Interview

Very friendly and a good interview experience. Manager was nice and did not exhaust during interview. The interview was in a friendly manner usually with casual talk rather than technical talk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

They contacted me via email, found my resume. I called them on my way home from a contract job I had in Holland for six months. Set up everything and flew out there for overnight. Was from 8am to 5:30pm all day, we did do lunch. I met with mostly managers of different groups. One girl knew a lot of the people I did at Teradyne. Did well I thought and the HR guy mentioned salary. So the 4 guys I was with at lunch, the leader of the team was very obnoxious and very full of himself. He made fun of a couple former interviewees in front of me and had some off-handed joke about how I better not be like that. He then went on to say his company was acquired by Broadcom and how great they were to have them. It was embarrassing really and I had no interest after that. The HR guy never even called me with a denial, letter, nothing. I thought that was pretty unprofessional and surprising people like these have a job at all.

Interview Questions

• An intricate software question regarding solving different math problems.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Went through campus interview first. Nice and friendly people. Was invited to irvine for a day interview.
    Very professional admin stuff. They have their own travel department who issued tickets. Was very nice to let me stay in LA for a week (without hotel obvs). Hotel was excellent, preferential treatment with free parking, internet and room service credits.
    The interviews in Irvine HQ was with 7 people!!!!!!!
    Lots of repeat questions, not entirely sure what more they get out of the person compared to 3 45 min interviews besides the ability to handle coffee. Interviewers very friendly though, half chat half technical questions.
    In the end, it was an amazing company but a very disappointing position. Seems to be geared for nerdier people who want to settle and have no entrepreneurial aspirations or competitive drive. Average time to manager role: 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Given Vcc and 2 capacitors A and B in series to ground, what is the voltage in between   4 Answers

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom.

Interview

There were 3 rounds -1 written test round and 2 technical rounds.
    written test comprises of 3 sections- Aptitude, C programming & Computer and Networking Basics
    Aptitude questions were average, C programming section was tough as there were only debugging questions and simplest part was computer and networking basics section.
    then there were only 2 technical rounds, no HR.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kochi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Kochi (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

aptitude test
    interview 2 rounds
    there was 2 panels for the interview.They were concerned about my subject knowledge and my attitude.

aptitude test is screener. after that interview will be there after that result will be annouced

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself
      Test cases for program to covert decimal to octal
      OOPs Concepts
      Types of testing
      3 years down the line where do you find yourself   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Broadcom (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in February 2011.

Interview

First with Phone call interview, asking me about the knowledge of smart cellphone, operation system and the using skills. Second face-face interview include English reading test and professional questions, such as signal process. I cannot know everything as a student, but i will present what I've known

Interview Questions

• what smart phone systems are   1 Answer

Negotiation

I can do over-whelmed challenge since I am young with full energy, I can make much efforts as I can