Broadcom Verification Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Broadcom Verification Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Broadcom in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through linkedin. Scheduled 1st phone interview. Basic questions about System Verilog, OOP, coverage, most interesting bug that i had found, runt pkts, why seeking to work at broadcom. From my reply, interviewer got an idea that I was switching solely for money, i feel that was the reason i didnt hear back from them. I had answered most of the questions right.

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Telephone Interview and then 1 day on site interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. No negotiation. Offer accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

From linkedin, get the referral, 5days after, got email notice me to prepare phone interview,
    3 question
    1. 2bit full adder schematic,
    2 and 3 are just basic circuit question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Broadcom (Irvine, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

called my old friend in a company in Tx. He introduced me to a group and the manager called me. Everything was straitforward.

Interview Questions

• job changing purpose; job descriptions; target salary; when available.   Answer Question

My current immigration status.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Broadcom (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

There are 2 interviews, telephone interview and on-site interview. In telephone interview, I was asked some things on my CV and they tried to understand what was my current situation. In the on-site interview, I met 6 people in 3 hours. In the 1st round, I met the director and HR. The director asked general technical questions and HR asked lots of HR questions. Round 2 was design technical interview although I applied for verification role. There were 2 parts in this interview: 1. introduced a project I had done and they asked corresponding questions 2. I was asked to draw a diagram based on the verilog code and tried to optimize the circuit to make it run faster. Round 3 was verification technical interview. 2 parts: 1. introduced the project I worked on. 2. gave a verification plan for the Asynchronous FIFO.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom in January 2013.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with them and the hiring manager was very friendly and keen on discussing every bit of my work experience, as well as facts about cooperation with colleagues and the team in my former company. The interview, suprisingly, lasted for a little more than an hour.

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Broadcom in July 2012.

Interview

Had one phone interview and was then called onsite.
    Phone interview included past work and few technical Questions on SV.That included fork join ,intertial and transport delay etc .Basically they were pretty easy
    Was called onsite after a week.It was from 10:00 am till 3:00 pm

Interview Questions

• Mainly System verilog and uvm bases questions,Set up time hold time
      How to generate a skewed clock
      How to do clock domain crossing
      Create a sequence generator