Brocade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

3.1

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy process compared to other companies - rounds of interviews are small. Good time to join this company as they are in turnover mode. Flexible work hours Prefer in office vs work from home. Good opportunity to promote

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for leaving   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the three different managers. The main hiring manager was extremely pleasant to speak with. He went out of his way to explain what Brocade is all about what Brocade could offer me and what he thought I could offer Brocade. I was then interviewed by another manager, which was also very pleasant. After my visit at the Brocade office, I was interviewed by phone by the final manger. It meant a lot to me that, although busy, he took time to gauge me and gave me a fair shot.

Software Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone screening interview. She asked a few behavioral questions and I got the opportunity to ask some questions as well. It was pretty straightforward. Then, I got an on-site interview with my future manager. It was very relaxed and more of a conversation. They asked a few behavioral questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you the handle the problem of quantity vs quality when you are strapped with time for multiple projects.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Three back to back interview rounds then next day with HR manager.
    They asked me about my previous experience, technical questions related to the Job and couple of psychology and management related questions.
    Keeping my fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Asked me to how do i handle stressful situations?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade in March 2015.

Interview

Process took around 2 months from the day i applied to the last round. i have applied online from brocade website in the last week of january. got a call from hiring manager in a week for 1st round. then after 1 and half month i got a mail saying i have selected for 2nd and final round conducted by 3 people for 1 and half hour(30 min each). i got a offer after 4 days :)

Interview Questions

• 1st round on resume 2nd and final rounds on basic C, C++ and networking concepts and question on projects i have done related to C and C++   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Awesome experience. Great people. Very efficient process. Great communication during the entire process. Use of technology assisted in the process making remote interviews more efficient and effective. Interviewed first with HR and then with department heads and subsequent employees I would be working with. Presented a great balanced company with many benefits and talented people to work with.

Interview Questions

• What did you read while your ate breakfast?   1 Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. There was no phone interview. Came in for an in person and met with two managers back to back.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions at all. Was all about my resume and past experiences.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Behavior Questions

Statistical Forecasting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a 30 miniutes phone interview. The questions focus on time series and forecasting methods.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

A recruiter for Brocade contacted me & after a lengthy phone screen set me up for 3 more phone screens with EAs in SoCal (the HQ). Then I was set up for 3 meetings in the town where the job is. In all I spent over 7 hours being grilled thoroughly but I didn't mind as they seemed sincere in their efforts. After the final (7th!) meeting I heard nothing. The final guy must have nixed me as the other 6 would not have suggested we meet if they didn't feel it was a fit. (Final guy is known for being tough, but our hour long meeting included such detailed discussion that I thought we were clicking.) I totally misjudged this, but cannot believe they didn't bother with closure after taking up so much of my (& their!) time. Would never interview with them again.
    Update: After several weeks I heard from the recruiter who said the VP was happy with me but insisted they find one other candidate before he made a decision. I guess they were going to ask me to hang tight while they kept looking. I had already accepted another offer, so I had no interest. It's one thing to have high standards, but if there are no other candidates worthy of meeting this guy, the recruiter should have presented his findings on paper & told him, "This is what's out there...you met the best one." They could have filled the position as I was quite interested. Still, my new job is great, so maybe they did me a favor.

Interview Questions

• None too tough - they were thorough, but relevant - each person was really quite good at interviewing.   Answer Question