Brocade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brocade Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Interview went well, the main thing asked me was to describe the life of a packet over switched environment v/s routed environment. Basic C questions and puzzles

TSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process had 4-5 rounds of f2f interview and a prior telephonic screening. There were 3 technical rounds followed by interactions with senior managers and directors to understand more on whether the person can fit into culture or not.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and technical:

Technical include, IP addressing, subnetting, OSI layer/protocol questions   1 Answer

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

interview process was smooth had hr, telephonic screening, 1:1 onsite interview cleared 5 rounds and got an offer. overall experience was good. compensation wise brocade offered the good salary with 401k benefit medical vision dental.

Interview Questions

• mostly based on experience and problem-solving questions in programming and networking   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (Washington, DC) in October 2013.

Interview

Process took just under 3 months from initial interview until start date. The first call was from the recruiter, the rest of the team interviewed me within a 2 day period and let the recruiter know their wishes. An informal / verbal offer was shared by December and the start date was agreed upon to be in January. All in all a smooth transition. Frankly, interviewing processes are different with every manager and company. This one went smoothly compared to several others experienced during that time with competitors. this was very good indicator of the quality of the team that I joined. It turned out to be an exceptional situation from a team perspective.

Interview Questions

• Technical networking experience and examples. Routing protocol operation and transmission questions. ISO/OSI stack, application and cloud Data Center questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Called by recruiter went over resume

Received a better offer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

submitted resume online and received a phone call during hiring season (months later). had two phone interviews and was asked to come for a in-person interview. met with 3 other managers for about 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• describe an event you have planned - walk me through the process   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade.

Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter, non-technical questions, personality test. Called in for 3 separate interviews with 3 different managers. All 3 interviews non-technical, asked situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I had heard of the company before or had much intimate knowledge about Brocade and what they sell.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade in January 2013.

Interview

Got a call from campus recruiter to set up a phone interview with an engineer. I spoke with the engineer 3 days afterwards. He asked very basic RLC circuit, TCP/IP, Transformer question that you most definitely have to get right, in order to move to the next round.

Two weeks later, I was selected as 1 of 4 interviewees for the final round interview at San Jose headquarter. The interviewing engineer said he chose me because I added him on Linkedin.... not the reason I was expecting for being chosen, but works for me. The final round interview consists of 6 one-on-one interviews with 2 hiring manager, engineers, and senior engineers.

It was basically all behavior questions, with some engineers asking very in depth details of the projects you have done in the past. It was not terribly hard. One interviewer was kind enough to hint to me that it was the hiring manager that I needed to impress in order to get hired. But throughout my conversation with the manager, I just got a bad vibe that he did not like me for some obscure reasons. I tried to be very friendly and asked a lot of working environment and technologies questions, and he appeared very disinterested in answering me.

3 business days later I received an email that I did not get the position. The whole process was very smooth and welcoming. Their headquarter was very modern and people looked energetic and smart. I just go unlucky with impressing the hiring manager, so I couldn't pull through. The overall experience was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but here are the technical questions
      1. Difference between TCP and UDP
      2. Series and parallel R, L and C representation
      3. Difference between IPv4, and IPv6
      4. Equation for Transformers in AC and DC
      5. Simple C/C++ syntax questions regarding loops and conditions   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Usually, recruiter contacts you for a mtching position. If the skill set matches, the phone interview happens for initial screeningfor 20-30 minutes. Once that goes fine, you are called for an onsite interview which is quite detailed and thorough. It is 4-5 hours process in which 4- 5 come one by one and ask you technical questions related to the requirement.

Interview Questions

• In my case, it was QA job in server load balancing in L4-L7 area, so many questions were asked about the TCP/IP stack.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

excellent -- organized and responsive

Negotiation

no negotiation