Brocade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brocade Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

3.1

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade in January 2013.

Interview

Got a call from campus recruiter to set up a phone interview with an engineer. I spoke with the engineer 3 days afterwards. He asked very basic RLC circuit, TCP/IP, Transformer question that you most definitely have to get right, in order to move to the next round.

Two weeks later, I was selected as 1 of 4 interviewees for the final round interview at San Jose headquarter. The interviewing engineer said he chose me because I added him on Linkedin.... not the reason I was expecting for being chosen, but works for me. The final round interview consists of 6 one-on-one interviews with 2 hiring manager, engineers, and senior engineers.

It was basically all behavior questions, with some engineers asking very in depth details of the projects you have done in the past. It was not terribly hard. One interviewer was kind enough to hint to me that it was the hiring manager that I needed to impress in order to get hired. But throughout my conversation with the manager, I just got a bad vibe that he did not like me for some obscure reasons. I tried to be very friendly and asked a lot of working environment and technologies questions, and he appeared very disinterested in answering me.

3 business days later I received an email that I did not get the position. The whole process was very smooth and welcoming. Their headquarter was very modern and people looked energetic and smart. I just go unlucky with impressing the hiring manager, so I couldn't pull through. The overall experience was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult but here are the technical questions
      1. Difference between TCP and UDP
      2. Series and parallel R, L and C representation
      3. Difference between IPv4, and IPv6
      4. Equation for Transformers in AC and DC
      5. Simple C/C++ syntax questions regarding loops and conditions
      Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Usually, recruiter contacts you for a mtching position. If the skill set matches, the phone interview happens for initial screeningfor 20-30 minutes. Once that goes fine, you are called for an onsite interview which is quite detailed and thorough. It is 4-5 hours process in which 4- 5 come one by one and ask you technical questions related to the requirement.

Interview Questions

• In my case, it was QA job in server load balancing in L4-L7 area, so many questions were asked about the TCP/IP stack.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

excellent -- organized and responsive

Negotiation

no negotiation

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

After passing HR review on the phone, a phone interview is arranged between your manager/lead. Phone was covering basic but important concepts. It takes around 15-25min. After passing that, HR call you for an on site interview time. During onsite, I have been interviewed by the leads of multiple HW departments. The one that has knowledge in my area asked specific question but others mostly asked my motivation in that area and some analytic questions to understand how I approach daily issues. If you review the area the you will work and do your homework before you come, technical part should be very difficult.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason to use decoupling cap near ASICs, chips etc.?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brocade (Plymouth, MN) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview process was expected. there were about 5 people that interviewed me in about an hour and a half. (be sure to bring a water bottle as you will be answering a ton of questions)
    Each interviewer has a specific role: for ex, one will ask about your style of learning, another will be the "devils advocate" and try to catch you off your guard. Everything has a purpose. Do your homework, read up on traditional Interview questions and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• It is 4:45pm on Friday and you receive an urgent call from a customer. you are finishing up your daily tasks and your manager is gone for the weekend. What do you do? Oh...and you get another call.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Process moved very quickly. Initial phone interview lasted about 25 minutes, then I was scheduled to meet with the Director of Adv/Media, Brand manager, and the Sr. Director within 4 days. Each interview lasted 45 minutes. Second round of interviews occurred 3 days later with the Mktg CMO and lasted 45 minutes. Campus is beautiful, people were very friendly and kind, organized, and interviews were insightful. Waiting for written offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Went over skill set, expectations, challenges within company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

has not occurred yet

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Responded to listing back in early June. Received automated thank you. Did not hear anything until July. Recruiter called to say liked my resume, set up call with hiring manager. Manager started off the conversation by letting me know why it was so long until they reached out. They had done full first round of interviews, but no ideal candidates came out of that, so they went back to resumes again - and I am first one they called out of that batch. I really appreciated knowing this off the bat. Going in for formal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager did most of the talking, so nothing too difficult yet   Answer Question

Software QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brocade (Broomfield, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Test new HBA drivers against Brocade Fabric OS and fiber switches. I installed many different OS types and configured many different Storage array types including SUSE RHEL 3PAR and Fujitsu technologies

Interview Questions

• Difference between a SAN and NAS   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was talked about via a Brocade Recruiter after an offer was imminent. It was a painless process to negotiate my salary.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was for a developer position in the switch group. Contacted by internal recruiter. Initial phone screen with the hiring manager. Interview was non-technical, pretty straight forward, simple questions (what I did in my current job, what I know, what I want to do, etc). Was invited for a face-to-face interview at the company site. Interview questions consisted of protocol knowledge, and some c-interview questions (queues, locks, etc), not too difficult ones. As for the members of the team, I did not get a warm feeling from most of them, no "get to know you" talk, hardly any smiles, very dry and non-personal. Did not sense any excitement from them about their job or technology. Maybe because most of them has been there 8+ yrs.

I was told by the hiring manger she/Brocade would get back to me within a few days with a decision. Lets just say, I sent a few emails (to recruiter and hiring manger), left voice mails, finally heard back from them after three weeks. Status - the hiring manger is still looking at other candidates and would get back to me "soon" and thanked me for my patience. Btw, this is week four. :) I think I should take the hint by now. lol.

To recap, I was very disappointed with the whole interview process. Did not get opportunity to get to know member of team on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Basic question about stacks, queues, multi-core programing, FC protocol basics (login related).   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

This was the worst interview experience I've ever had. While the staff was nice enough in person, scheduling the interview and the aftermath was extremely frustrating. It took months of follow-up to finally get the interview after the initial phone screening. A lot of it stemmed from the hiring manager taking his sweet time about finally scheduling a date for me to come in a meet the team. I had considered the lead dead after they hadn't returned my calls (or emails) for over a month when a second recruiter called me and asked me to finally come in for my interview. It lasted for 2 hours and I met with 3 out of 4 team members who I was scheduled to talk with. The 4th person didn't even bother to show up, nor let the other team members know that. The interviewers talked for most of it and rarely asked me anything about myself. The only time I spoke of my experience was when I thought it was necessary to relate to the conversation.

Overall, I though the interview itself went well and the hiring manager even walked me out. He said that the next step would be to follow up with the recruiter in a week. The rest of the experience went as follows:

Contacted recruiter exactly one week after the interview
    Recruiter said they weren't ready yet and it would be a few days
    I followed up one week from them
    Same story
    The third time around, the recruiter seemed a bit annoyed and told me that she would definitely let me know if there was any news
    I wanted patiently for exactly 30 days before I contacted her again
    The recruiter said the job had been put on hold

So...that's it? The job was put on hold after all that? Come on. The least they could've done was send out a mass email to all the people who applied and essentially wasted hours of time from the Brocade managers and myself. Brocade, you need to do a better job. I have such a poor taste from this company from this experience and if I ever find myself as a potential customer of yours I will not consider your business.