Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Dec 2, 2016

Service Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very basic and easy interview process for a 6 month contract to hire. Phone screen by staffing recruiter and then and then onsite interview with Hiring Manager and a colleague.

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

3 rounds with members from multiple teams. First round was with the hiring manager and co-workers and senior director. Few days later was with directors from 3 other teams. 3rd day was with a director and VP.

Interview Questions

• Range of very technical questions to problems that I had to deal with and my approach. I was asked to go into many situations that they run into and how I would deal with them.   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer (Verification) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIN and was contacted by the manager in about a week's time. Phone interview was for half an hour and was highly technical. Was informed that there were more candidates under consideration and that I would be contacted by the recruiter if they would like to follow up.

To my pleasant surprise, the manager directly e-mailed me instead informing me that they would like to schedule an on-site interview. Recruiter contacted me regarding availability and informed me that I will shortly receive a confirmation of the interview date and a tentative itinerary. However, till the last day prior to the interview I did not receive the confirmation, so I had to frantically contact the recruiter and after a lot of confusion, the interview was confirmed for the following day.

The on-site interview was the usual 5 round affair, including the manager and director. It was all technical; neither were HRs involved and nor were there any behavioral type questions. The team seemed nice and seemed to have a lot of people experienced in System Verilog, UVM, Verilog, Perl and the whole shebang. One of the interviewers (let's say interviewer A) had some challenging questions to pose and, seemed to be very particular about the answers and was not interested in my approach. It felt like the result could go either way as I was quite confident about the other rounds.

After a tense week of waiting, the manager e-mailed me again informing me that they have it narrowed down to another candidate and me and would like me to come in for a "tie-breaker" interview. Was another 2 rounds of technical interviews, which of course included the interviewer A. After 2 more days the recruiter finally contacted me to inform me that the team would like to extend an offer to me. Communication and negotiations with the recruiter were painfully slow and the only part that left a sour taste in the mouth in what was otherwise a pretty good and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Code a Verilog snippet for clock with duty cycle != 50%.   Answer Question
    • Q: Basics of system verilog classes, creating parent class object using child class handle, $cast concept. Fork-join processes, how is control handed to code outside the fork in the 3 cases; code a watch-dog timer to time out if an event does not occur by the end of certain transaction.   Answer Question
    • Q: Number of test vectors for a priority encoder with "n" inputs.   Answer Question
    • Q: FSM for detecting a particular sequence.   Answer Question
    • Q: Code for algorithm to sort an array of signed integers (can't use any built in language support for sorting).   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

*Disorganized and unprofessional*

From the beginning, it was a disaster. First, I received an email asking for an on-site interview. It took so long for them to confirm, that the dates and times that I provided came and went. Once I was on-site for the interview, the Senior Director, who was supposed to be one of the people I would meet, was nowhere to be found. Only when I asked the other interviewers if he would be joining us, did they go check, only to discover that he was traveling and unavailable. The interviews themselves were very odd, and based on their responses to my comments, I felt they had something against my last employer. Finally, despite my attempts to get a response, I still do not know the results of the interview or have any explanation for the director’s absence.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

at first they asked you for a phone interview, i said ok please schedule but i didnt hear anything back from HR. after a week i sent an email to HR and asking for the status, he said they wanted me to come in for an onsite interview. another week passed by and i received a call from HR asking me to come in the 2nd day, i said ok. when i arrived, i talked to hiring manager but the controller had to go for another meeting. so the hiring manager said i may need to go back for another interview with the controller but i never hear anything back from this company. i even sent an email to HR checking but no response. it seems to be a great company if i can get in to work for them. the hiring manager said the benefits are great.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was referred. I was contacted quickly by the recruiter and had a good conversation and was told we would move on to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. There was a delay of a few weeks and I had to follow-up with both the hiring manager and the recruiter. After that, I was told I would come in for an in-person interview. Everyone I met with was prepared and friendly. Again, no communication after that interview and again a few weeks went by and I followed-up to see if there were next steps and was told by the recruiter he would look into it. I was eventually told they were hiring someone else. I liked the company and found the recruiter and teams friendly but I found the hiring process slow and un-communicative.

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting on LinkedIn and applied on the company's website. A phone screen from Brocade's HR, followed by an in-house interview by the hiring manager within a few days. The hiring manager was very pleasant and explained clearly his expectations. The HR was very professional and provided honest feedback with courtesy from hiring manager two days after the on-site interview. Although I did not get the job, I had no hard feelings at all. Absolute great interview experience with Brocade.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the budget ownership from Sales people point of view?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 45 minute interview..Basic programming concept and networking concepts..overall did very well..but in two days of time there was so many changes..End of the day it wasn't the hiring manager who interviewed...

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online. The recruiter was prompt in contacting me the next day. She scheduled the initial phone screen in the following week. After the phone screen, I was invited for the preliminary on-site a week later. Throughout this process, the recruiter did a good job of keeping me informed about the status of the interview process. I remember thinking that it was very professional of her to do so. At the on-site, I met with the hiring manager and a few other key stakeholders. While everything was positive and super-professional so far, things started to take a nose-dive with the discussion on compensation. The hiring manager casually asked me what my current compensation was. I respectfully declined to share that information citing privacy and confidentiality. I was asked to state my expectations, which I did. I asked for a compensation range which they didn't reveal. The HR recruiter first skipped her interview with me and then called me later that day to discuss how the interviews went. When I reached out to her, I started to talk to her about how the interviews went. She seemed impatient and didn't seem to be interested in what I had to say. Instead, her real goal was to ask me for some information. She interrupted me rudely by saying that she needed to know my current compensation without which they could not proceed any further. Again, I respectfully declined to share that private/confidential information and offered to discuss compensation around what I can do for Brocade. This is when the conversation took a complete nosedive with the recruiter totally losing it. She said that she was just in conversation with someone at a level much higher than me and even they did not speak to her like I did. I was respectful throughout - you cannot arm twist me to reveal my current compensation. She said it was a complete waste of the team's time to interview me. At this time, I mentioned that it was a waste of my time as well and that we should have had this conversation a lot earlier. At this time, she argued rudely and cheaply with me before hanging up on me with the threat that she would blacklist me! I was shocked. I'm an industry veteran with experience working for a number of companies across the country. I have never come across such a lousy and unprofessional recruiter. Be warned. If you have mojo to stand-up for yourself, then the recruiters at Brocade will subject you to such an experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a HR on LinkedIn. The turn-around was very quick. The onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds - 4 technical and 2 technical/behavioral. Overall the experience was great and very professional. There was a shutdown for 4th of July hence some delay in the decision. Did not have to negotiate since they beat my expectations.

Interview Questions

• Prepare thoroughly on networking concepts and a few data-structures.

Some questions:

1. Need of function prototypes in C
      2. Static vs global variable
      3. Pattern matching in a file
      4. How breakpoints work in GDB
      5. DMA working for receiving and transmitting the packet onto the port
      6. Sorting technique for a huge dataset in RAM
      7. How do you debug if CDP packets is lost between IP phone and Switch.
      8. Double free detection in C, what if the freed memory is allocated by another function.
      Answer Question