Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated May 12, 2017

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

3 rounds with members from multiple teams. First round was with the hiring manager and co-workers and senior director. Few days later was with directors from 3 other teams. 3rd day was with a director and VP.

Interview Questions

• Range of very technical questions to problems that I had to deal with and my approach. I was asked to go into many situations that they run into and how I would deal with them.   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer (Verification) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIN and was contacted by the manager in about a week's time. Phone interview was for half an hour and was highly technical. Was informed that there were more candidates under consideration and that I would be contacted by the recruiter if they would like to follow up.

To my pleasant surprise, the manager directly e-mailed me instead informing me that they would like to schedule an on-site interview. Recruiter contacted me regarding availability and informed me that I will shortly receive a confirmation of the interview date and a tentative itinerary. However, till the last day prior to the interview I did not receive the confirmation, so I had to frantically contact the recruiter and after a lot of confusion, the interview was confirmed for the following day.

The on-site interview was the usual 5 round affair, including the manager and director. It was all technical; neither were HRs involved and nor were there any behavioral type questions. The team seemed nice and seemed to have a lot of people experienced in System Verilog, UVM, Verilog, Perl and the whole shebang. One of the interviewers (let's say interviewer A) had some challenging questions to pose and, seemed to be very particular about the answers and was not interested in my approach. It felt like the result could go either way as I was quite confident about the other rounds.

After a tense week of waiting, the manager e-mailed me again informing me that they have it narrowed down to another candidate and me and would like me to come in for a "tie-breaker" interview. Was another 2 rounds of technical interviews, which of course included the interviewer A. After 2 more days the recruiter finally contacted me to inform me that the team would like to extend an offer to me. Communication and negotiations with the recruiter were painfully slow and the only part that left a sour taste in the mouth in what was otherwise a pretty good and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Code a Verilog snippet for clock with duty cycle != 50%.   Answer Question
    • Q: Basics of system verilog classes, creating parent class object using child class handle, $cast concept. Fork-join processes, how is control handed to code outside the fork in the 3 cases; code a watch-dog timer to time out if an event does not occur by the end of certain transaction.   Answer Question
    • Q: Number of test vectors for a priority encoder with "n" inputs.   Answer Question
    • Q: FSM for detecting a particular sequence.   Answer Question
    • Q: Code for algorithm to sort an array of signed integers (can't use any built in language support for sorting).   Answer Question

Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

3 Interviews, great people with awesome personalities. 1st interview was over the phone to discuss the qualifications. 2nd was with team members through out the USA, and 3rd was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical: Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Awesome experience. Great people. Very efficient process. Great communication during the entire process. Use of technology assisted in the process making remote interviews more efficient and effective. Interviewed first with HR and then with department heads and subsequent employees I would be working with. Presented a great balanced company with many benefits and talented people to work with.

Interview Questions

• What did you read while your ate breakfast?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Usually, recruiter contacts you for a mtching position. If the skill set matches, the phone interview happens for initial screeningfor 20-30 minutes. Once that goes fine, you are called for an onsite interview which is quite detailed and thorough. It is 4-5 hours process in which 4- 5 come one by one and ask you technical questions related to the requirement.

Interview Questions

• In my case, it was QA job in server load balancing in L4-L7 area, so many questions were asked about the TCP/IP stack.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was with the HR, resulted in a phone call with questions on background and interest. Next step was a phone screening with the Hiring Manager after which was called in to interview on site. Had 7 rounds of 1:1 interviews, half an hour each. Was very well organized. The interviews were in depth and detailed, focus was on analytical and problem solving skills. Was given a campus tour, people in general seemed very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced an unfriendly client.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Referral by employee, followed by phone contact from hiring manager. Applied through the online system and received a phone call from a recruiter within a few days to schedule a phone interview. It took about one week to schedule the phone interview and then two more weeks to schedule an in-person interview. The recruiter was very responsive to my inquiries during this time and always got back to me in a timely manner. The interview was scheduled about one weekout and included an agenda that contained two interviews, one each with the hiring manager and the director of the department. The in-person interviews went really well and I was excited and positive, that I would receive an offer.

Within a few hours, I heard back from the hiring manager that the interviews were great and that the recruiter would contact me soon with an offer. I did not hear from the recruiter, but the hiring manager called within 24 hours and said that they were enthused about me, but one more interview with a cross-functional team member would be needed; and proceeded to scheduled it for me. Then, HR contacted me within 24 more hours and scheduled another phone interview with me. The phone interview with the team member from another department was okay, but somewhat awkward because it focused on skills that I obviously didn't have to the extent that this person would have wanted. I called the hiring manager afterwards, and we discussed this concern. The hiring manager and the department director were aware of it, said it wasn't important, and still wanted to go ahead. Then the HR phone interview, a so-called "screening", took place. It was very thorough and covered all imaginable questions, from my time at school to where I was at the time, and everything in between. Very exhausting and...unexpected. Why, I wondered, this took place at this time in the interviewing process?

Within a few hours after the HR interview, I received a phone call from the hiring manager, that yet another interview had to be scheduled, with another cross-functional team member, but from another department. This felt very strange, but since the hiring manager assured me once again, that it would be a mere "formality", I agreed and forwarded my availability for the requested day. The day came and went, with nobody contacting me, or confirming any specific time. I contacted the hiring manager and was told that this person would be busy in meetings and, instead of arranging the interview for me, I was given the email address to arrange it myself - which I did. This was at the beginning of the week, and the phone call wasn't scheduled until the end of the week. I thought that this was strange, since the department director had shared with me how urgent they'd want to hire someone. Anyway, when the day came, the person called me a few minutes after the agreed-upon time. What followed then was the weirdest interview I've had thus far. The issue of my insufficient skills in that one particular area that came up before were tested and tried and found not to be good enough. The person told me quite frankly at that time, that I would not be the right person for the job, and we could end the interview right now because there was no use in wasting any more of each others' time. The call ended.

I sent an email to the hiring manager. The response came a few hours later, when the hiring manager left a voice mail: The last interview did not go so well, that person used all means and clout to get the VP of the department to let the hiring manager know that I would not be hired.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember the exact question, but if focused on an area that in which I obviously didn't have skills or experience.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I was scheduled to interview with all people on one day. After I arrived I found out that two people had cancelled and I needed t come back. This wasn't optimal.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to discuss Brocade's position in the industry from a competitive standpoint and what I think the company needed to do to win.   Answer Question

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Overall very positive. professionally done

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was able to negotiate abit

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring process at this company is a joke. The so called "University Program" recruiters have no clue how to do their job. I followed up my recruiter and was brushed off repeatedly. Word of advise: make sure you are interviewed as a real interviewee...not as a university interviewee.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel that I would benefit from the university program training?   Answer Question