Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated May 12, 2017

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

stick to the interview schedule, feedback is received quickly, HR provided detailed information on the job requisition, interview schedules were set up efficiently, flexible with the interviewee's schedule, offer was reasonable

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview involved a phone screen with a recruiter, a phone call with the potential hiring manager, 1 on 1 in person interview with the hiring manager, and two half day interview sessions with multiple people that the role interacted with.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you go about developing product messaging and positioning?   Answer Question

QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

interview process was smooth had hr, telephonic screening, 1:1 onsite interview cleared 5 rounds and got an offer. overall experience was good. compensation wise brocade offered the good salary with 401k benefit medical vision dental.

Interview Questions

• mostly based on experience and problem-solving questions in programming and networking   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was from the recruiter who sent bunch of questions. I filled that before the company decided to call me for personal interview. It took three rounds of onsite interviews. First round with 4 people, 2nd with 4 more and then final with SVP. Interview was not hard at all and questions were pretty standard set of asking from the resume.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving the current job since you have worked there for long time?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

There was 5 interviewers and took 4 hours. Director, Manager, two Hardware Engineers and One Mechanical engineer. The interview was one-on-one and took 45mins each. About 1/2hr with HR. They are very professional business like.

Interview Questions

• Are you qualify for the job?   1 Answer

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

3 rounds with members from multiple teams. First round was with the hiring manager and co-workers and senior director. Few days later was with directors from 3 other teams. 3rd day was with a director and VP.

Interview Questions

• Range of very technical questions to problems that I had to deal with and my approach. I was asked to go into many situations that they run into and how I would deal with them.   Answer Question

Service Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very basic and easy interview process for a 6 month contract to hire. Phone screen by staffing recruiter and then and then onsite interview with Hiring Manager and a colleague.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews, and four on site white-board rounds.
    Interviews test for good programming experience, especially in C. Some problem solving questions and puzzles were also given. One needs to have an in depth knowledge of Operating Systems concepts to go through the interview.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving, Algorithm exercises, C knowledge, Operating Systems knowledge (especially Linux kernel concepts).   Answer Question

ASIC Engineer (Verification) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIN and was contacted by the manager in about a week's time. Phone interview was for half an hour and was highly technical. Was informed that there were more candidates under consideration and that I would be contacted by the recruiter if they would like to follow up.

To my pleasant surprise, the manager directly e-mailed me instead informing me that they would like to schedule an on-site interview. Recruiter contacted me regarding availability and informed me that I will shortly receive a confirmation of the interview date and a tentative itinerary. However, till the last day prior to the interview I did not receive the confirmation, so I had to frantically contact the recruiter and after a lot of confusion, the interview was confirmed for the following day.

The on-site interview was the usual 5 round affair, including the manager and director. It was all technical; neither were HRs involved and nor were there any behavioral type questions. The team seemed nice and seemed to have a lot of people experienced in System Verilog, UVM, Verilog, Perl and the whole shebang. One of the interviewers (let's say interviewer A) had some challenging questions to pose and, seemed to be very particular about the answers and was not interested in my approach. It felt like the result could go either way as I was quite confident about the other rounds.

After a tense week of waiting, the manager e-mailed me again informing me that they have it narrowed down to another candidate and me and would like me to come in for a "tie-breaker" interview. Was another 2 rounds of technical interviews, which of course included the interviewer A. After 2 more days the recruiter finally contacted me to inform me that the team would like to extend an offer to me. Communication and negotiations with the recruiter were painfully slow and the only part that left a sour taste in the mouth in what was otherwise a pretty good and professional interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Code a Verilog snippet for clock with duty cycle != 50%.   Answer Question
    • Q: Basics of system verilog classes, creating parent class object using child class handle, $cast concept. Fork-join processes, how is control handed to code outside the fork in the 3 cases; code a watch-dog timer to time out if an event does not occur by the end of certain transaction.   Answer Question
    • Q: Number of test vectors for a priority encoder with "n" inputs.   Answer Question
    • Q: FSM for detecting a particular sequence.   Answer Question
    • Q: Code for algorithm to sort an array of signed integers (can't use any built in language support for sorting).   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

*Disorganized and unprofessional*

From the beginning, it was a disaster. First, I received an email asking for an on-site interview. It took so long for them to confirm, that the dates and times that I provided came and went. Once I was on-site for the interview, the Senior Director, who was supposed to be one of the people I would meet, was nowhere to be found. Only when I asked the other interviewers if he would be joining us, did they go check, only to discover that he was traveling and unavailable. The interviews themselves were very odd, and based on their responses to my comments, I felt they had something against my last employer. Finally, despite my attempts to get a response, I still do not know the results of the interview or have any explanation for the director’s absence.