Brocade Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a 45 minute interview..Basic programming concept and networking concepts..overall did very well..but in two days of time there was so many changes..End of the day it wasn't the hiring manager who interviewed...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a HR on LinkedIn. The turn-around was very quick. The onsite interview consisted of 6 rounds - 4 technical and 2 technical/behavioral. Overall the experience was great and very professional. There was a shutdown for 4th of July hence some delay in the decision. Did not have to negotiate since they beat my expectations.

Interview Questions

• Prepare thoroughly on networking concepts and a few data-structures.

Some questions:

1. Need of function prototypes in C
      2. Static vs global variable
      3. Pattern matching in a file
      4. How breakpoints work in GDB
      5. DMA working for receiving and transmitting the packet onto the port
      6. Sorting technique for a huge dataset in RAM
      7. How do you debug if CDP packets is lost between IP phone and Switch.
      8. Double free detection in C, what if the freed memory is allocated by another function.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 4 weeks later a recruiter contacted me to set up a 30 minute phone interview. A few days later I was notified I moved on to the on-site interview with different hiring managers and people I would work with

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager was late-left me in a sterile conference room for over 30 minutes. Seemed scattered and uninterested in whether I joined the company or not. Didn't ask many in-depth questions about process or my previous experience.

Corporate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy process compared to other companies - rounds of interviews are small. Good time to join this company as they are in turnover mode. Flexible work hours Prefer in office vs work from home. Good opportunity to promote

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for leaving   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the three different managers. The main hiring manager was extremely pleasant to speak with. He went out of his way to explain what Brocade is all about what Brocade could offer me and what he thought I could offer Brocade. I was then interviewed by another manager, which was also very pleasant. After my visit at the Brocade office, I was interviewed by phone by the final manger. It meant a lot to me that, although busy, he took time to gauge me and gave me a fair shot.

Software Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone screening interview. She asked a few behavioral questions and I got the opportunity to ask some questions as well. It was pretty straightforward. Then, I got an on-site interview with my future manager. It was very relaxed and more of a conversation. They asked a few behavioral questions and a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you the handle the problem of quantity vs quality when you are strapped with time for multiple projects.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brocade (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Awesome experience. Great people. Very efficient process. Great communication during the entire process. Use of technology assisted in the process making remote interviews more efficient and effective. Interviewed first with HR and then with department heads and subsequent employees I would be working with. Presented a great balanced company with many benefits and talented people to work with.

Interview Questions

• What did you read while your ate breakfast?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial contact was from the recruiter who sent bunch of questions. I filled that before the company decided to call me for personal interview. It took three rounds of onsite interviews. First round with 4 people, 2nd with 4 more and then final with SVP. Interview was not hard at all and questions were pretty standard set of asking from the resume.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving the current job since you have worked there for long time?   Answer Question

Statistical Forecasting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brocade (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a 30 miniutes phone interview. The questions focus on time series and forecasting methods.